Problem since 4.1.2 update

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the update to my N7 Thursday morning and so far no problems. I did turn the tablet off and let it reboot after the update. I wonder if these problems are being caused by specific apps that are running on the devices.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Try just clearing the data and cache from the Play Store... Under Settings, Apps, All, Play Store, you'll find the option. Reboot afterwards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Actually I think you need to go to apps/all/google services framework and clear that.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. It's my first post. Fyi, I'm up here in Canada just north of Toronto. I have two 16Gb Nexus 7s. Two days ago my personal unit gave me a message about an upgrade to JB 4.1.2, which I installed. Everything seems to be fine so far. Looks like my occasional unresponsive screen problem (normally solved by a reboot, which was simple but a pain) is gone. Today I wanted to view some pictures over my network and I realized that my stock gallery viewer was gone. Has anyone else had this issue and is it fixable? Also for those unable to upgrade yet, I took my other Nexus 7 - the family unit - and checked to see if it had been updated to 4.1.2. It hadn't so I had it check for updates and it said it had the latest version. Strange that one unit updates but the other one doesn't. They were purchased about a month apart, so maybe there are some minor hardware variations, ie. different manufacturers of some components between the two units? The family unit is registered under my wife's name with a different gmail account. Just throwing that one out there as food for thought. Cheers.

Last edited:

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed another glitch that has now happened on two separate occasions and which never happened prior to the update.

When I long press on an app in the app drawer and then drop it into a folder on my homescreen it doesn't always show up in that folder until after I've rebooted the Nexus. After first discovering this problem I rebooted as a last resort and found one app icon in the folder three times (the number of times I'd tried dropping it into the folder without it showing up). This doesn't happen every time, but twice out of three times it has. Anybody else had this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I found the solution to my missing gallery stock app. It appears the Jellybean update merely disabled it. Solution: settings>apps>all>gallery>enable. Then it appears on your apps list and from there hold the icon down to send it to desktop.

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. It's my first post. Fyi, I'm up here in Canada just north of Toronto. I have two 16Gb Nexus 7s. Two days ago my personal unit gave me a message about an upgrade to JB 4.1.2, which I installed. Everything seems to be fine so far. Looks like my occasional unresponsive screen problem (normally solved by a reboot, which was simple but a pain) is gone. Today I wanted to view some pictures over my network and I realized that my stock gallery viewer was gone. Has anyone else had this issue and is it fixable? Also for those unable to upgrade yet, I took my other Nexus 7 - the family unit - and checked to see if it had been updated to 4.1.2. It hadn't so I had it check for updates and it said it had the latest version. Strange that one unit updates but the other one doesn't. They were purchased about a month apart, so maybe there are some minor hardware variations, ie. different manufacturers of some components between the two units? The family unit is registered under my wife's name with a different gmail account. Just throwing that one out there as food for thought. Cheers.

Well it certainly backs up the theory that rollouts aren't geographically based.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
My problem is that app updates don't work. I get an error message - can't connect to server.
I tried signing out & back in to Google account after turn off but that didn't fix it.

I cleared the data from Framework to force update so that might have caused the issue.

Suggestions to be able to get app updates?? Thanks

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My problem is that app updates don't work. I get an error message - can't connect to server.
I tried signing out & back in to Google account after turn off but that didn't fix it.

I cleared the data from Framework to force update so that might have caused the issue.

Suggestions to be able to get app updates?? Thanks

No problem. This will sound severe, but go into accounts and delete your Google account. Then just add it right back. That cleared the same issue I encountered when I cleared the framework on my galaxy Nexus To try to get an update.

Even though you have tried this, it has worked for me. Make sure you're doing is in settings, accounts. Give it a minute After you delete your account.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Took me a few minutes to find the thread on how to force the update, so to save others time, here's how to force it:

settings-->apps-->All Apps-->Google service framework [Clear data/Cache]
you will have to try it a few times.​

It took me twice... After I cleared the data and force stopped it, I went back to Settings > About > Update and scanned. On the second attempt it found the update...

wisshay

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, it works perfectly on Nexus 7 and it has been upgraded to 4.1.2, any news regarding the samsung galaxy s3, it's still running on 4.0.4?

keep in touch.
Cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

sassu

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
My tablet was working perfectly until the update. Immediately after the update the screen became unresponsive. I did a hard reset using the power and volume buttons that brought the tablet back to factory settings, but the screen still does not respond.

gen2010

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I called support and now they are aware of this problem. It's happening on their devices too. It will be fixed with an update, hopefully soon.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My tablet was working perfectly until the update. Immediately after the update the screen became unresponsive. I did a hard reset using the power and volume buttons that brought the tablet back to factory settings, but the screen still does not respond.

A couple of questions. When you turn it on, what screen does it stop at? Have you tried booting into safe mode where non-stock apps are not loaded? Could be a downloaded non-compatible app is causing an issue. Also, how fully charged is your battery? Try fully charging, or better yet, try turning it on while you have it plugged into the charger. Also, an old tech trick that may or may not work, nobody laugh please, try plugging in your headphones in case there's some kind of slight electrical charge buildup. If it was possible to remove the battery you could do that and then hold down the power button for a minute, but it isn't possible without possibly voiding the warranty. You may end up having to re-flash your rom using a PC connection via the USB that came with your N7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci