Square or Paypal here on Nexus tab?

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone using Square or paypal here with success on the nexus? I am setting up a business and want a tablet to help run it but I have no desire to go with an ipad or be stuck using my phone for everything.

Caldera

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using Square or paypal here with success on the nexus? I am setting up a business and want a tablet to help run it but I have no desire to go with an ipad or be stuck using my phone for everything.

Paypal works fine, no idea about Square.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
4uhyza8y.jpg
I use both but neither are supported yet on the Nexus 7. The card readers don't seem to work at all, sadly. But you can side load the apk for both and enter card info manually, if that helps.

I'm peeved that both have yet to update their app and/or reader to support the Nexus 7 so I'm considering going with another mobile payment option that does...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Deradorn

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
for square it's a hardware problem with the headphone jack not supporting a microphone input that the card reader needs to work. so it will never work with this version of the nexus 7.

Deradorn

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
If you side load the app you can enter The cards manually but it costs you more per transaction and takes much longer per transaction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was rather upset when I learned about this a while back, as using Square was one of the functions I wanted the N7 for. I had loaded the Square app on my N7, and it would even act like it recognized the card reader when I plugged it in, but as mentioned, there's no microphone support on the headphone jack, so it won't actually work. Entering the numbers manually should work, but at a higher transaction cost and effort, which just seems silly to bother with.

Sammer sim

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah these Nexus 7tablets have been a big letdown they dont function with any good ecommerce apps, the only thing I use it for is an alarm clock. The Nexus 7 sucks and it is all because Google had Asus cripple its performance on purpose. Too bad they dont have a card readter that plugs into a usb port then you would just need a gtg cable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781