$25 Google Play

weiss1173

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 7 on October 4th. I knew about the credit ending a few days prior. I got an email stating I received it, so I called Google and they apologized saying the email was a mistake. I didn't care as I knew the promo ended.

Fast forward to today, went to buy Nexus Media Importer and I was pleasantly surprised to see a $25 Google Play balance!:cool:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 7 on October 4th. I knew about the credit ending a few days prior. I got an email stating I received it, so I called Google and they apologized saying the email was a mistake. I didn't care as I knew the promo ended.

Fast forward to today, went to buy Nexus Media Importer and I was pleasantly surprised to see a $25 Google Play balance!:cool:

yeah, some seem to be still getting the promotion. good luck.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I got mine as well after the promo ended. Actually noticed it in my payment options before I got the email.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I added my wife's google account to my N7 to get her pictures and she got $25 credit! Don't know if that's suppose to happen but it was a pleasant surprise.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if it makes any difference whether or not you purchased your device directly from the play store?
I have bought 3 now. One before the promo end and 2 after. Day before yesterday all of a sudden got a 25.00 credit on both that I got after the promo end.
I did how ever buy the last 2 off of Craigslist so they might have been purchased before the promo end.
PS. Weird thing is when me and my son set up the tablets the promo never showed itself for us to even sign up for it. We just signed into our different google accounts and Viola, we instantly got emails congratulating us. So we checked our accounts and Money..

ryamkajr

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I still have not received my credit, even though I have contacted various groups at teh Play Store, the Wallet support group, etc.

Can anyone share what shource (email, web page) you are using to find out the status of the $25 credit?

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I still have not received my credit, even though I have contacted various groups at teh Play Store, the Wallet support group, etc.

Can anyone share what shource (email, web page) you are using to find out the status of the $25 credit?

You open the play store. Go to settings and look in the redeem area. That is the only place I know of unless you go to online Google play. And if you do get it they will email you at the same time to confirm.

joeyn123

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Walmart circular in my paper this past Sunday (10/14) advertised the N7 with the $25 play credit.

[And yes even though I have this gorgeous device I still like reading an old fashioned newspaper ;-)]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The Walmart circular in my paper this past Sunday (10/14) advertised the N7 with the $25 play credit.

[And yes even though I have this gorgeous device I still like reading an old fashioned newspaper ;-)]

Yeah, I saw that. Wasn't sure what to think but most likely they had this ready to print quite some time ago.

joeyn123

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that. Wasn't sure what to think but most likely they had this ready to print quite some time ago.

Agreed... almost started a thread to let people know but didn't want to spread misinformation in case my paper was including old circulars.

ryamkajr

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have had no resolution to this issue. I have been in contact with Google and the brilliant suggestion from them was to completely reset my device back to factory settings (and of course have to re-download and configure all my apps) and it MAY resolve the problem.

Completely unacceptable. I guess I will see what they come back with by end of day tomorrow, otherwise I box it up and return to the store.

So very disappointed. Great product, lousy customer service.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have had no resolution to this issue. I have been in contact with Google and the brilliant suggestion from them was to completely reset my device back to factory settings (and of course have to re-download and configure all my apps) and it MAY resolve the problem.

Completely unacceptable. I guess I will see what they come back with by end of day tomorrow, otherwise I box it up and return to the store.

So very disappointed. Great product, lousy customer service.

So you are going to return an awesome tablet because of the fact that you aren't getting a "freebie?" Kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face, don't you think?

ryamkajr

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it appears that way, but I am also taking into account that the 32GB model comes out in less than 2 weeks for the same price I paid for the 16GB, so I would rather have the larger size.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I know doing a factory reset was a fix for people who weren't getting the credit when the deal was live. For most it wasn't an issue since they had just gotten it and hadn't really added anything yet anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital