Do you still like it?

cnguyen0320

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
So after having your Nexus 7 for awhile do you still like it? Would you rather have a bigger tablet? Would you rather have an iPad?

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a bigger tablet. I use my Nexus 7 when traveling and my Xoom at home. I think both work great, just depends on how you use them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 as well, but it's not used very much; I'm always on my Nexus 7! (I'm actually an iPhone user, too)

I think the smaller size is generally the reason I use it more. The iPad is quicker and smoother, but I hate carrying it around. The nexus is just a much better size.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when the iPad mini comes out. I would think it would be the best combo IF I only had one tablet, BUT I don't. Its nice to have an Android device that I can tinker with without any carrier to worry about. Plus, I really, really like my Nexus 7!

Sent from my Nexus 7

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I still like mine, but I'm kind of holding my breath for an iPad mini. I've invested too much in the iOS ecosystem :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I like my 7" tablet. It's easy to hold and carry. Anything larger and it would be bulky. Does everything I want it to.

I will never buy an apple product.

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the Transformer Prime and the Nexus 7. I like the Nexus 7 a lot better. The size is perfect.

Koshnix

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 as well, but it's not used very much; I'm always on my Nexus 7! (I'm actually an iPhone user, too)

I think the smaller size is generally the reason I use it more. The iPad is quicker and smoother, but I hate carrying it around. The nexus is just a much better size.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when the iPad mini comes out. I would think it would be the best combo IF I only had one tablet, BUT I don't. Its nice to have an Android device that I can tinker with without any carrier to worry about. Plus, I really, really like my Nexus 7!

Sent from my Nexus 7

This I have an iPad 2 and 3 and use an iPhone 5 but I love my nexus 7 I am also concerned with the iPad mini if its going to be better than the nexus as I love the size and weight and to tinker with theming and swapping roms.

henywatty

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2, an iPod touch (4th gen), and a Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 is outstanding, and, in my opinion, blows the iPad out of the water.

I think the reason I love it so much is a combination of the open, customizable system, and the light, comfortable hardware. (Oh, did I mention it is incredibly fast and powerful??)

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad 2, an iPod touch (4th gen), and a Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 is outstanding, and, in my opinion, blows the iPad out of the water.

I think the reason I love it so much is a combination of the open, customizable system, and the light, comfortable hardware. (Oh, did I mention it is incredibly fast and powerful??)

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

+1 on this. I have an iPad 3 and feel the same way. I am thoroughly enjoying my Nexus 7.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't like it.
I absolutely LOVE it.
I have an iPad 3 and 4th gen iPod touch and the N7 is just so much better than both.
It's really unfortunate that I spent so much money on what's now used as a glorified paper weight.
I no longer use my iPad because it's simply too large and heavy.
I would give it to my little brother, but I can't stand to give a child such an expensive piece of tech.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I still like mine, but I'm kind of holding my breath for an iPad mini. I've invested too much in the iOS ecosystem :p
Noooooo! Don't go back to the dark side! Continue toward the light and you shall remain free! Choice and individuality are beautiful things.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I love mine still. I have to use an iPad 2 for work and it drives me nuts. That thing is too bulky. Sure, browsing the web on it is nice. But I prefer my vanilla android. My n7 is my go to device when I am at home.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 2 and only use it for Airplay. I was a big Apple fanboy but after getting my Skyrocket, I'm addicted. surprisingly I got the N7 to root and run different roms, but I prefer stock Jelly Bean and ended up running CM10 on my Skyrocket. I love the compact size and light weight for as at work and reading before going to sleep.

Only issue I have is more sites don't offer HTML5 vids for Android but otherwise it's great!

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used lots of peoples iPads but would never buy one for myself. The Nexus 7 is an awesome tablet and I would prefer it over the iPad for a
number of reasons: Android 4.1 which I much prefer over iOS, portability as my Nexus will fit in most pockets and won't wear out my arms, and finally, features including GPS, NFC and Micro-USB. These are just a few of my reasons but in the end, I just got sick of iOS and Apple as a company!

Sent from my Nexus 7

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
No, I don't like it.
I absolutely LOVE it.
I have an iPad 3 and 4th gen iPod touch and the N7 is just so much better than both.
It's really unfortunate that I spent so much money on what's now used as a glorified paper weight.
I no longer use my iPad because it's simply too large and heavy.
I would give it to my little brother, but I can't stand to give a child such an expensive piece of tech.

Sell it on eBay. You will get some money for it. Then you can buy 3 more N7's for the whole family. This is why Google is hedging the tablet market more and more now. Value.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463