Nexus 7: Talkback feature keeping me from accessing Settings and other icons on same screen

foolysh

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I just turned on the Talkback feature in Settings to explore its capability. All of a sudden I am in Lesson 1 of the Talkback screen. I managed to get out of this screen eventually. But now I am stuck at the apps screen (the voice say screen 3 of 5; for me its my first of two apps screens) prior to the screen where Settings and other apps are on. I just could not get to the second screen to get to Settings to turn off Talkback and WIFI even after turning off power and turn it back on. Why is it causing so much trouble? What can I do to solve this problem? Hopefully I don't have to do factory reset (if even that is possible). Please help me on this ridiculous problem (or my lack of knowledge). I just can't understand why I cannot slide to the apps screen where Settings is on. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

foolysh

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Talkback feature keeping me from accessing Settings and other apps' icons on the same screen

I found out that in Accessibility mode I have to touch the screen with two fingers in order to slide to another screen.

alienhybred

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Talkback feature keeping me from accessing Settings and other apps' icons on the same screen

thank you so much for posting that i was ready to take a hammer to my phone!!!!seriously thank you

stanley walton

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

The same issue I had..This info saved me a lot of time and frustration.
Thank you.

B M

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I was absolutely desperate..all day everything was frozen and even when I removed battery to boot the Note 2 it STill had TALK BACK FREEZE EVERY SINGLE OTHER FUNCTIONALITY OF THE PHONE ! insane..TWO FINGERS..the magic words !!!

dbarr247

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Dumbest and most annoying feature EVER.

ukulelegirl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

@foolysh...you are everything but foolish...you saved my sanity! Thank you for the tip on using two fingers when stuck in talkback...I was going nuts!!! :-\ Thank you again...

Husain Abdel Kawy

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks a lot, I get stuck and so frustrated after trying and no way.

frsandi

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Omg!!! A thousand blessings upon you! They should use this feature as a form of torture how horrible! Even the verizon rep couldn't figure it out and I was going to pull my hair out and anybody that passed within 25ft of me too! either that or throw my phone into the parking lot.

jen_54

May 14, 2013
Visit site

thank you so much !! I was already very frustrated,I don't know what to do anymore,already restarted my phone several times.I was almost ready to do a master reset(but was really hoping it won't go that far) when I read about this...A million thanks from the bottom of my heart..

bellaooo

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Please help...i am on my new Samsung tablet and I accidentally turned on this nightmare of a feature talk back...i tried everything you suggested but
1. I can not find any 'talkback' app, its not showing anywhere...

2. I can not get to ' Acessabilty' in Settings in order to turn this off.

So before i throw my tablet out the window....can u please help me ...
Thanks!!!

anon(338116)

May 29, 2011
Visit site

THANK YOU! I just accidently turned this feature on from an LED option in an app. It instantly froze the screen , had to reboot but could not scroll down in settings (I used quick settings to enter)but couldn't scroll to accessibility.

Brittany Simmons1

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

OMG! Thank you so much for posting this. I was about to send my phone flying across the room. they need to remove this feature from all phones. IT WILL DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!:confused:

Anand Mannan

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

thanks a ton for your help i was stuck and you saved me
i start using both the thump and can start scrolling down and have to keep finger on icon i have to select and double click to open it

vice86

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

My gf just called freaking out that she can't do anything with phone and what should she do. Found this thread and told her what to do. She happy now. I told her a bj will suffice as payment lol

TheObituary

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Thank you!! i also turned it on just to see what it was and such but then i couldn't scroll and even selecting apps i had to click at least twice, some i seemed to have to jackhammer to get to open. I almost went and update my SGS3 to kitkat just to get rid of it even though i had not backed up many things.

Shawn Davis2

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I will most definitely never use the feature talkback again!!! I still can't access my phone even after following all the directions of using two fingers to touch the screen to get to another screen. Very frustrated at this point & want to throw the phone out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have only this phone for 3 days.....very highly disappointed!!!!!!!!!!

zarazinski

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

hi need help,Talkback feature keeping me from accessing Settings and other apps' icons on the same screen on nexus 7. how do I change it back
thanks dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol