XMBC and Google Nexus 7, the best combination

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you install the app on a desktop system, and are using the remote app on your Nexus 7?

Are you able to get to your media while not on your home wifi?

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
XBMC is a free and open source project, I don't think they employ marketing people, and that doesn't sound like something a developer would write. So more likely just a fan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Caldera

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
XBMC is great. I used it on the original XBOX, and now my current media center pc and a handful of Android Tablets. I haven't found anything that really compares.

delphiman

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
How long have you been working for them?

Before you say something like that, you should check it out before making yourself like fool.

XMBC is a open-source media center. It works well on android to watch movies, pictures, music, etc. The best part, it is streaming video from your networked drive with no buffering

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's not have a misunderstanding here - this app is free and open source, just like the Android OS. No reason for accusations or name calling. There's no ulterior motive, just the sharing of information. That's what the forums are for, right?

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind, it seems it does:

"It was designed for network playback, so you can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21