Anyone jumping to 32GB?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. Any of you 8 GB/16 GB users getting rid of yours to get the 32?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I have 7 gigs left on mine, got all the games I need and a USB OTG cable for on-the-go movies. Selling it and rebuying will be too much of a hassle; I'll just wait till next year for the truly new version of the N7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I'm good with the 8GB model. I don't need the extra storage. I'm sure the 32GB model is going to make alot of people happy, though.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

phonohead

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a 16GB, two weeks ago. So far I've not had the need for more storage. Basically thanks to streaming/cloud services.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

MaddSkillz

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the 16 gig and it's plenty. I stream everything from my pics to my music to my movies and only need the space for kick ass apps and games.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I am planning on getting both of my daughters a Nexus 7 for Christmas. The only way I would swap would be if I trade one of their 32s for my 8. But, I am happy with my 8 gig since I still have over 5 gigs left. Plenty of room.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
While I would rather have the 32, I just can't take the loss on the 16. I'm burning through space that I am so glad I didn't go with the 8. The 16 will still give me a little wiggle room but not where I would like.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a 16GB N7 and I have lots of Apps and one movie stored and still have 12GB free space. If I upgrade anything it would be on the Nexus 10 but not even sure I even want a bigger tablet since the N7 seems to fit well in my cargo pockets.

flux capacitor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope. This is my first and last nexus 7 as of its current form. If/when Google updates the N7 with a new camera in the back, better speakers and more space etc then I might upgrade, till then I'm sticking with my 16gb. Basically, just a simple 32gb model ain't gonna entice me to go thru the motions of selling my 16gn, reinstall all my apps etc.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope. This is my first and last nexus 7 as of its current form. If/when Google updates the N7 with a new camera in the back, better speakers and more space etc then I might upgrade, till then I'm sticking with my 16gb. Basically, just a simple 32gb model ain't gonna entice me to go thru the motions of selling my 16gn, reinstall all my apps etc.

+1. And although while the prospect of more storage is enticing, my 16GB helps me make sure I don't make any impulse purchases, unlike my 32GB iPod touch :D

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with what many others are saying. It would be nice to have the 32gb, but it's not worth the hassle or lost money to trade up just for more memory. If there were other hardware upgrades, like a rear camera, then I might consider it. That no doubt will happen next year.

With that said, I am absolutely not sorry that I was an early adopter. However, I don't feel that I am an early adopter. The Nexus 7 with 16gb feels like a very mature product. Had I bought a Samsung Tab or something like that a year ago, then perhaps I would have felt like an early adopter who maybe should have waited.

Mongooze2

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I might make the leap, still trying to decide. I wouldn't mind the extra space, but for now I'm biding my time until I hear more about the nexus 10. I also want to see what kind of reviews the surface gets. There are about of cool products I may or may not be interested in so I have to figure out how much money I can throw at these various toys

OneZeoN

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
As I only bought my 16gb nexus 6 days ago :-\ I will be taking it back to the store today and getting credit ready for the 32gb!!

16gb would have been ok if I got it a few months ago but 1 week for the same price as a 32gb? No way!
32gb will be good for not worrying about deleting stuff all the time

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it would have been nice to have the 32GB in the long run, but as of right now I still have 10.7GB left on my 16BG model.
I already have all the apps and games I need, so the rest of the space is for ramdon stuff that I can take or leave.
I'm doing great with the 16GB, I honestly could have been good with the 8GB, so i'm sticking with that I have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000