Anyone jumping to 32GB?

OneZeoN

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from PC World (uk) and got ?189.99 refunded back on a gift card for my 16gb nexus 7

So just got to wait now for the release date!

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll get a 32GB Nexus 7, NOT a 10. Could have had a 10" tablet but the form factor doesn't work. I'm hoping a 32GB model with micro-SD, but even without the option of expandable storage, I will get another 7" Nexus (16-32-64GB), but never a 10".

OneZeoN

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll get a 32GB Nexus 7, NOT a 10. Could have had a 10" tablet but the form factor doesn't work. I'm hoping a 32GB model with micro-SD, but even without the option of expandable storage, I will get another 7" Nexus (16-32-64GB), but never a 10".

already confirmed the 32gb nexus 7 wont have an expandable memory slot...but not a big issue for most

I used to think 7" tablets wouldnt work...but after owning an ipad and now a nexus 7 I love the nexus more
Cant wait to buy my 32gb nexus next week

strollin

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I have the 8G model and have plenty of options for extra storage (cloud, OTG, Wi-Drive) so not really limited by the on-board storage. I'm pretty happy with my N7 as is.

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
After living with only 500Mb on my phone & playing the app-juggling game for ages, 16G seems bottomless! I'm still a happy bunny. I consider the cost of my N7 as only ?174 as I got the Google Play credit so I got it cheaper than the 32G as it should be.

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Today is the last day I can return my Nexus 16GB model. I have 11GB left, but it would be nice to have 32GB. If it's the same price as the rumors suggested, I'm thinking about returning it and get the 32GB model next week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all. Any of you 8 GB/16 GB users getting rid of yours to get the 32?

No plans to do so at this time, no. I bought my 16GB early on, and spent the extra money on the 16GB just in case a use case ever came up where I'd want the extra memory. So far after a couple of months of use, nothing. I use my Nexus mostly for gaming, web surfing, watching video, and social apps, mostly at home, almost always when connected to a WiFi access point where I can stream what I want to watch/consume. As a result, even with quite a few decent-sized games on board, I've got at least 12GB free at the moment with absolutely no effort on my part put into memory management.

If my usage changes, I'll think about it, but 16GB is more than enough for me and I don't feel the need to spend money to get more. Heck, buying the 16GB instead of the 8GB was probably a waste of money.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Today is the last day I can return my Nexus 16GB model. I have 11GB left, but it would be nice to have 32GB. If it's the same price as the rumors suggested, I'm thinking about returning it and get the 32GB model next week.

All of the rumors indicate it being the same price. At the very worst, the 16GB will not be going up in price, and almost certainly will be going down.

If I were you, assuming it's worth doing without a tablet for a week, I'd take it back and get a refund and see what next week brings. The absolute worst case is that you'll end up re-buying what you already have for the exact same price. But I really think you'll get a much better deal next week, whether it be a reduced price on the 16GB or an affordable difference (or same price) upgrade to the 32GB.

It all depends on whether you want to just continue enjoying the toy now, or give up the toy for a week in the hopes of future-proofing your purchase a bit.

Of course, you might be without it for more than a week. If the 32GB comes out and the 16GB drops to 200 clams, expect the supply chain to clog up for a week or two because there'll be a bunch of new demand. It won't be as constrained as the Nexus 7 original launch, but there's enough extra shiny that a new batch of people might suddenly get interested.

Caldera

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I returned the 16gb due to audio problems and ordered the 32gb. The cloud is great, except when it's not, and I need storage for media. I plan on selling my tf300 and buying a Nexus 10 as soon as it's available, and I hope there is a 64gb option.

armstrong47

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Still have about 20 days to return the 16 GB i bought last week, so I'll be swapping it for the 32 if I can. I'll definitely be sticking with the nexus 7 vs. spending more on a nexus 10. Coming from an Acer Iconia a500, I'm much more happy with the portability and screen of the N7.

canesknights

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with the 8GB and haven't come close to filling it, because I use it more of a web browsing/video streaming device. And I play a few of the games I grabbed during the $.25 app/game sale. If how I use the N7 changes and I find that I need more memory, I might look at getting the 32 GB. Right now, I'm good.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be parked outside of Best Buy on Monday listening to the Google announcement and as soon as they say the 32GB version is ready to buy I'm running in the store and demanding one. LOL

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Its possible I will. Unlike many others here, my usage profile includes a fair amount of time daily away from access points. I can use my phone as an access point, but I am on one of the older plans that limits the amount of what I can consume using my phone that way.

The biggest reason why is that I have a music library larger than 16GB. I may not necessarily need it all with me, but I'd like to have it, because I do use the N7 as a music player (better battery life than my phone).

I use an OTG cable and the fine Nexus Media Streamer software for video, but I am not crazy about the kludge of the cable hanging off it.

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be parked outside of Best Buy on Monday listening to the Google announcement and as soon as they say the 32GB version is ready to buy I'm running in the store and demanding one. LOL

Too bad BB doesn't carry the N7 in any of it's variants.

rckoegel

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I prefer all-in-one devices, and I occasionally miss my original TAB for its storage, camera, and cellular connectivity (in that order). But I also prefer stock Android with full google support.

So I'm not going to jump for just a little extra space, but I will straight up nosedive if they offer a 7 inch with even just a normal cam and a cell network, but not just one of the two (and I'll take 32 or more gigs too if iI can get it). Maybe next year. till then it's 16GB for me.

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ya I'm going for more storage I only have 3gb left on my nexus 16gb. I had to do a reset a few months ago seems my nexus has that issue where with low storage the tablet lags horribly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair