Nexus 7 ii when?

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I wonder when we can expect a REAL MAJOR update -- one that would include a rear camera, hdmi out, etc. the bump to 32 gb is ok but means nothing to me., but does to others i'm sure. I'd pay $250 for a 16gb with rear cam etc. which is a $50 premium over the $200 new price of the 16 gb. The only thing i like about the ipad mini is the rear camera. The rest of it is garbage -- especially the inflated price for old technology.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
With as fast as mobile technology is moving, I wouldn't be surprised if it was released within or close to a year. We're seeing new phones and making the last new phone obsolete within 6-8 months.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
With as fast as mobile technology is moving, I wouldn't be surprised if it was released within or close to a year. We're seeing new phones and making the last new phone obsolete within 6-8 months.

Yeah I would imagine next spring/summer with a new version of Android of course.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand this obsession with rear cameras on tablets. Most laptops don't have them.

HDMI out would be nice but I would settle for that being built in to a docking station they announce Monday.
But I'm not holding my breath. :D :D

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand this obsession with rear cameras on tablets. Most laptops don't have them.

The only reason I could see useful would be as a rear scanner. Otherwise I don't care too much if my tablet has a rear camera or not. I don't take it every where like I do my phone, but then maybe some people put their tablets up to their ears and talk into them..

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
No one knows, it's all speculation at this point, and there have been probably a half dozen other "when will the next version come out" speculation threads before this one. There aren't even rumors yet...

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Rear cameras are great especially on a small form factor like the n7. I also have an ipad3 and use the camera a lot. Great for shooting documents etc along with snaps and video. Not a smart phone person.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with unicornrancher. I want to see the dock announced then released shortly thereafter. I am still, no STILL, waiting on a dock for my Galaxy Nexus.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
We might not get one with HDMI, rear cam, etc. I mean, if just as many people would buy one without those features, they don't have too much of an incentive to build a souped-up version. I feel like Google would instead move onto another device, like a Nexus 10, which might have HDMI output. Though, at the pace Google is releasing new versions and discouraging early adopters, we might see one early next year ;).

I've ranted about rear cams before, but lacking a rear cam limits the potential of the device--which is used differently by different people. Tons of people wouldn't even consider using a rear cam, that's fine; I myself don't often take pictures of my face, though I'm sure many utilize the front cam. I can think of a million situations/apps where one would be really handy--but I'm a student who has this device on me at all times. Not to mention, there are quite a few apps that the N7 isn't compatible with, simply because of the rear cam.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
HDMI out is difficult to say. Technology is moving towards cloud and streaming, so a physical connection is going to be hit or miss. Not everything has internet/networking capability yet but they are moving in that direction. In the future, you could probably just beam your device at the TV and magic happens. (OK, well we do have remote controls but as in streaming or data transfer, etc (NFC))

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci