What headphone amp do you guys use?

joecooool

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
What amp do you guys use with the Nexus 7? I can't hear when I'm on a plane with buds or my headphones. I'm on my second unit and had the same problem with the first one.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Grado SR80i headset. The sound quality is superb and if I turn the volume wide open I can approach the threshold of pain. For me there is no need for a headphone amp.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

Last edited:

phonohead

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I use Skullcandy buds, and they isolate quite well. I don't see the need for an amp either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
the fiio e5 is a very small headphone amp for about $20. i have one and i think it is a good choice for use with a nexus 7.

ffosse

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
The only reason ever to use a headphone amp would be to correct a fault of your headphones...which has nothing to do with the Nexus 7 which is plenty loud.

I use Klipsch x10i and Senn IE80s iems with my N7. They each cost more than the tablet but I have other devices I use with them.

joecooool

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
the fiio e5 is a very small headphone amp for about $20. i have one and i think it is a good choice for use with a nexus 7.
Thanks, I just ordered one from Amazon.
The only reason ever to use a headphone amp would be to correct a fault of your headphones...which has nothing to do with the Nexus 7 which is plenty loud.

I use Klipsch x10i and Senn IE80s iems with my N7. They each cost more than the tablet but I have other devices I use with them.
I have Bose and Loss headphones as well as several different sets of ear buds. They work fine on my iPod. When on a plane watching a movie with the Nexus, I miss half the dialog. I had the same problem with my first Nexus too.

nd7p

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
You might take a look at Volume+ in Google Play. It lets you volume boost/equalize the sound, both speaker and headphone.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site

The Nexus7 also supports USB DACs (if you boot up w/ one IIRC), so if you want a different amp system....

ffosse

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I just ordered one from Amazon.
I have Bose and Loss headphones as well as several different sets of ear buds. They work fine on my iPod. When on a plane watching a movie with the Nexus, I miss half the dialog. I had the same problem with my first Nexus too.

Then you need better, more efficient headphones, not a headphone amp. Volume is quite fine on the Nexus 7.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had a problem with any pair of headphones on the N7, the speaker sure. I use the premium Zune headphones and meelectronics M16 and HT-21s. With the tv on I usually have the N7 volume up about half way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC