Gaming?

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Im probably late to the party but can someone help me? What do I need to do to use a controller with my N7 to play games and what kind of controller do I need to get? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sent from my RAZR MAXX

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Im probably late to the party but can someone help me? What do I need to do to use a controller with my N7 to play games and what kind of controller do I need to get? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sent from my RAZR MAXX
ps3 controller works great with N7

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Whats the otg cable for and is it a simple hook up thru bluetooth and go thing to get this going?

sent from my RAZR MAXX

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Whats the otg cable for and is it a simple hook up thru bluetooth and go thing to get this going?

sent from my RAZR MAXX

The otg cable is a micro USB(male) to USB(female) cable. This allows you to connect USB devices to your Nexus 7 through the otg cable. You can connect flash drives, external hard drives, controllers, etc.

It doesn't hook up through Bluetooth. You just plug it in straight to your N7. It's way simple, even a kindergarten can do it, lol.
If you want to use a flash drive of some sort, you'll need stickmount(if you're rooted) or Nexus Media Importer(not rooted).

I currently use this otg cable along with my Buffalo Mini station 500gb external hard drive and it works like a charm. Still get powered even when the nexus 7 has 4% battery left.

uscguy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Nyko bluetooth wireless controller at Gamestop for 39.99. It works great with my GS3 and Nexus 7. Not all games are supported yet but it works great with GTA3 and emulators so far. The set up is very similar to an xbox controller and it charges through a micro usb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Cheers Choco, are most of the games set up to take advantage of a controller? Like Dead Trigger and FIFA?
There are some games that support controllers right from the get-go and some that you will have to create a custom profile for via SIXAXIS app.

Games that support controllers by default:
Dead Trigger
Shadowgun
Sonic 4 Ep 2
GTA III

Games that don't support controllers by default:
Modern Combat 3
Backstab
Sonic 4 Ep 1
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Roboto
Captain America

That's just a small list from my own personal experience, I can't comment on other games, as you'll have to find out when you play the game yourself. Creating a custom profile is fairly easy, but it can be difficult to make it work perfectly and will require multiple adjustments for complex games. I ran into a constant glitch that forced me to reboot my Nexus every time I tried to use my controller with Modern Combat 3. So be aware that nothing is 100% perfect.