help the noob

glamis

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
im 45 not so up on the modern day gadgets
my first smart phone is the motorola admiral.i cant begine to express how much i hate this phone
anyway io have troble hearing and reading the text on almost any phone
even with everything jacked up as high as it will go

so i was thinking a tablet with a phone in it would be better for me
i dont care about holding up a huge box to my head,or a huge headset as long as i can hear

now i dont know what i dont know so this is what im thinking,and im probably wrong
so my questions are thease
my busness phone is my cell number,so it has to be a reguler phone number it cant be scype
it has to work like a cell phone,meaning all automatic i dont want to have to turn on all kinds of different programs to make it work
i live on voice to text messages,and voice mails
e-mails would be a big plus,
and haveing the internet that works like it dose at home on my desktop,and being able to actually see the words would be huge
plugging in a headset with a big speaker on 1 side,not a problem for me,i actually like it

so will the nexus 7 do this ???and will it have the same reception as a cell phone ?
or do i need a different tablet
or do u have a better idea,or maybe a different gadget ?
im tired of bying the wrong aperatus,and like everyone else cost is an issue,

any and all ideas or recomendations are appricated
thank...glamis :)

Last edited:

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Its a tablet not a full fledged phone my suggestion to you is the galaxy note being the note 2 is out you get it dirt cheap and its on at&t and t Mobil the note 2 is on at &t t mobile I believe sprint and coming to Verizon its got a huge 5 inch screen with hi resolution if you don't mind touch wiz

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Or if your on at&t the one x has arguably the best screen on the market for phones 4.7 inch lte 720p resolution a ppi that even somewhat trumps the I phones retina display so the sub pixels in text aren't grainy and also double tap your screen in the browser of the Motorola and it should auto fit the text for better viewing but if the office phone/tablet type phone is for you I still say the note

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
You could get the padfone 2 when that is out, like a normal phone when you need it then slide the phone in the tablet when you need that.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
is it even availible in the us? And I see your on sprint look at the evo lte its like the sprint version of the one x

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 is not a phone replacement. There are larger phones (screen size) out there if that is what you're looking for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The current Nexus 7 model is not what you want for a phone.
+1

Thanks to help from AC, I can make and receive phone calls on my N7 but I wouldn't want to use that as my business phone. It's great for checking my mobile phone's voice mail when I'm somewhere that has wifi but bad cell reception (more common than I would have guessed) and some other specific circumstances. For example, if work provides a phone but you want to keep your personal calls separate for various reasons.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you want a larger style phone, kind of a cross between a phone and a tablet, take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Note II... it is what is referred to as a Phablet... a mix of PHone and TABLET..

Good luck...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci