7 Ways the Nexus 7 Beats the iPad mini

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Number 3 is the killer with N7 having 216 pixels per inch on their 7" sreen to iPad Mini's 168 ppi on their 7.9" screen. The N7 even on a smaller screen can show more web content on the N7. This means you have to slide up the screen to the next page on the Mini to see all the content on the N7's first page.

7 Ways the Nexus 7 Beats the iPad mini

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
I hate to say it the ipad mini will still out sell the the nexus 7 because Apple products are more well known to people these days. The higher price won't matter because people are used to paying more for Apple prouducts. Plus most people don't care about being able to hack their tablets they just want them work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say it the ipad mini will still out sell the the nexus 7 because Apple products are more well known to people these days. The higher price won't matter because people are used to paying more for Apple prouducts. Plus most people don't care about being able to hack their tablets they just want them work.

Sure few people have even heard or seen a Nexus 7. I take my N7 to the bar and lots of people have their iPad there. The cute bartender liked the size of my Nexus 7 and ask me what it was. I told her a Nexus 7 and she said who makes that? I said Google sells it and the Office Depot next door sells them for $199. She thought I used the Google search engine to find a company called Nexus that made the tablet. When I said $199 there were two others customers that was there that wanted one after I connected to the App Watch ESPN and showed the same live TV show that was on the wall they were all impressed.

Until Google starts showing more TV ads about Nexus 7 & 10 few people will even know what it is. Amazon Fire is the only other table maker she could name other than Apple.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Google needs to put kiosks in the malls this Holiday season. They also need a deal with Walmart...that or revamp the gamespot experience with a dedicated kiosk like Apple has in BestBuy....low key marketing will never build market!

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but the question is whether the iPad mini will steal more sales from the maxipad or from the nexus.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Google hasn't got the marketing dept like Apple. I don't think I have seen one add for one yet. When I go into work every single person asked is that an iPad even though it is tiny compared to it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Google is selling these at a near loss. I don't think they want to shout it out "Hey come help us not profit from this". Don't get me wrong they want to sell them but they have no wish to be the next runner up to be sued by apple for taking their market share. They already have increased from 32% to around 50% on most surveys in only the pasted year that is a huge move.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

:D:D:D

ROFLMAO!

The average consumer is pretty stupid and unaware. Not an independent thought in their head. They don't do their own simple, basic research. They need ads and marketing to tell them what to buy. Sheep.

Apple's selling a 2 year old iTurd wrapped in a "thin" body and people literally sell their first born to own a iBlock of 2 year old sh*t. Its pathetic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Google is selling these at a near loss. I don't think they want to shout it out "Hey come help us not profit from this". Don't get me wrong they want to sell them but they have no wish to be the next runner up to be sued by apple for taking their market share. They already have increased from 32% to around 50% on most surveys in only the pasted year that is a huge move.

That's not true. Yes, Google is making only a small profit on every tablet but the real profit is in the Play Store selling apps, books, magazines and renting movies. Google just hasn't worked out a consumer poducts business yet but if they ever do Apple will be #2. Android is out selling Apple's iOS world wide. Don't know why Apple people hate Android so much since that iPad Mini would start at $429 without some real competition.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
To a person who actually uses their heads, i.e. no one who owns apple products, the fact that apple refuses to utilize a standard USB port should be unacceptable. Why they feel they have to package their products with proprietary cables is mind blowing. But, again, you are dealing with sheep who swallow everything that apple shoves down their throats.

jeffjeter

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
These threads are really stupid! Sorry if my statement offends you but I get tired if seeing them whether its here, Crackberry, or iMore.. Why are people turds for buying something different? Why do you even care?

As a consumer I hope Apple, Blackberry, and all the Android manufactures make the best devices ever. Oops I left out HP and Microsoft. Several years ago tablets didn't exist on a wide scale basis like today. Now we're comparing the Nexus to the Mini to the Kindle to the Playbook etc... People that is a good thing and yet there's more to come!

Take a breath. Life is way too short to argue over toys. As for me I have a Touchpad, Playbook, Thrive, Nexus, and an iPad 2. Like I said there's more to come :)

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Google could easily establish a cool consumer retail footprint beyond online only. Not only is their Brand way more interesting and diverse than Apple's (think Andy, think Google art, think desert themed operating system updates) but they have a loyal geeky, fan base that would buy/wear their gear. Online shops like this forum are great..but sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
These threads are really stupid! Sorry if my statement offends you but I get tired if seeing them whether its here, Crackberry, or iMore.. Why are people turds for buying something different? Why do you even care?

As a consumer I hope Apple, Blackberry, and all the Android manufactures make the best devices ever. Oops I left out HP and Microsoft. Several years ago tablets didn't exist on a wide scale basis like today. Now we're comparing the Nexus to the Mini to the Kindle to the Playbook etc... People that is a good thing and yet there's more to come!

Take a breath. Life is way too short to argue over toys. As for me I have a Touchpad, Playbook, Thrive, Nexus, and an iPad 2. Like I said there's more to come :)

I don't see how it's stupid. Unlike you with all your devices, some of us can't afford to buy the wrong device. These threads can inform people on which device is better value and better for their purposes!

Apart from that, your other points were good :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
HI, I love the Ipad, I have one at home, it does all I want and is easy. I am old and like simplicity, I don't want to hack anything anymore.

I saved ?200 for the Ipad Mini, for various reason, the simplicty, the apps I already have on my iphone and ipad I could install in the Ipad Mini for nothing.

But, the Ipad Mini was not the ?200 I expected and although I can buy 30 ipad minis if I want, I refuse to pay ?269.

So I was looking at the kindle fire, because I wanted something to replace my black and white kindle, I wanted touch screen and to be able to have colour because some books have colour pictures in them etc.

Then I saw a kindle fire HD V Nexus 7 webpage, and started looking at the Nexus 7.
I went to local shops, tried the Kindle fire, then tried the Nexus 7.

I then heard you can get a 32gb for ?199 today,

I decided on the Nexus 7 and will be purchasing one as soon as my local Argos/Pc world has them.

I am not stupid for buying an ipad, it does what I want it to do. I am not an Apple fan, but do like their products.
I am buying the nexus 7 as a value for money device, whereas I don't believe the Ipad Mini is value for money.

I am looking forward to my Nexus 7.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
HI, I love the Ipad, I have one at home, it does all I want and is easy. I am old and like simplicity, I don't want to hack anything anymore.

I saved ?200 for the Ipad Mini, for various reason, the simplicty, the apps I already have on my iphone and ipad I could install in the Ipad Mini for nothing.

But, the Ipad Mini was not the ?200 I expected and although I can buy 30 ipad minis if I want, I refuse to pay ?269.

So I was looking at the kindle fire, because I wanted something to replace my black and white kindle, I wanted touch screen and to be able to have colour because some books have colour pictures in them etc.

Then I saw a kindle fire HD V Nexus 7 webpage, and started looking at the Nexus 7.
I went to local shops, tried the Kindle fire, then tried the Nexus 7.

I then heard you can get a 32gb for ?199 today,

I decided on the Nexus 7 and will be purchasing one as soon as my local Argos/Pc world has them.

I am not stupid for buying an ipad, it does what I want it to do. I am not an Apple fan, but do like their products.
I am buying the nexus 7 as a value for money device, whereas I don't believe the Ipad Mini is value for money.

I am looking forward to my Nexus 7.

This shows you a lot of good points about the N7 for a apple user.

Apple iPad Mini My Thoughts and Facts - YouTube

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Apple still makes the best laptops in my opinion.

Depends on your needs. I recently purchased a laptop, and before I made my purchase they came out with the new Macbook Pro w/Retina. But the MBP didn't offer top end graphics, and had lousy repairability. Apple has chosen form over function, even if they have wrapped it in high end materials with small gaps. To me, that isn't very "Pro". I spent about $500 less than their base MBP w/Retina and got better specs all around. Only downside is it's not super thin, but I'd rather have some extra size if it means I get a truly powerful laptop.

eduuu87

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Before Nexus 7, I have had Ipad, use it awhile, gave it to my brother, when Ipad 2 came out, more thin and lighter, thought it will be better, bought it, within a week I gave it to my girlfriend, bored of only using it as it always be, lol. Now I had Nexus 7, this little NENE(the name my girlfriend gave for my nexus7, lol) accompany me everywhere I go, bought a cheap blackberry to use the personal hotspot, I'm connected everywhere.
And my house mate just ask me whether to buy used Ipad 2 or go with Ipad 3, and I told him to consider Nexus or other android device which is more value to money I think, but then he said he will only buy Ipad, either it was ipad 2 or ipad 3, and when I ask him why it should be Ipad, the most stupid reason I ever heard and I think I heard it a lot from my other friends, "Because it's Apple". Hahaha. And I'm speechless. Can't argue with that reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke