anyone with nexus 7 8 gb feel dooped with 16 gb replacement!?

tall_geek

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I think people need to remember what happens with games consoles if you buy them in the first year you pay a massive premium when you know down the line the cost will get reduced. I paid ?500 on release day for my ps3 and now I can buy one for ?170 am I complaining to Sony of course not its pointless and won't change anything. Your nexus 7 is still the best android tablet out there so stop moaning and enjoy it!!

Network and GT-I9300 issues, will try my best to help.

borrowedchief

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
What about the 16 gig owners and the new 32?

Look. Its pretty simple. This happens all the time. When you buy stuff like this, you have to do your research. I did mine. I purchased an 8 g and have been happy. I read reviews, considered the cloud storage, and decided 8 would be enough and saved $50.

I think what has happened is a lot of folks did not research this product properly. This is truly meant to be a cloud based item. Aside from apps and games, everything is meant to be in cloud storage.

Now that being said, I find myself comfortable with my necessary apps, and approximately 3 games at a time. 2 or which are rather large. I look at this in a similar fashion to console gaming. I will play a game till I'm done, remove it, and install something else. I never feel myself wanting for more storage space.

Please guys and gals, in the future do your homework before making a somewhat major purchase. This way there will be no remorse, and you will be able to enjoy your product for a long time.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Cloud didn't take off like Google expected and apps just get larger everyday. Thus needing more onboard memory.

In this day and age, 8 GB fills up very fast. When I got the 16, I didn't like having to pay an extra $50 for the memory but I knew the 8 wouldn't work for me, and I was right. Even upgraded to the 32. I didn't have much installed on the 16 but bard's tale and a backup uses more than enough.

That's just the way technology moves. There is always 1st gen, 2nd gen, etc and mobile technology is moving so fast. A new N7 will probably be released by this time next year :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel duped, but I do feel a bit dumb. I knew the 16GB was available and went ahead and bought the 8 anyway. I ordered and had a 16 on the way and then realized I could get the 32 for the same price and sent the 16 back.

No big deal, I have the 8 and the 32 now. I don't consider either one a major purchase, that description I reserve for a new car, boat, Harley, etc. I'll probably just give the 8 to a friend or one of my Grandsons.

Last edited:

micronot

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Always supported Google products however I bought a nexus at the end of august. I wanted to support its flagship device- not sure it was a great idea because a month later the 16 GB model drops to 199 and I'm stuck with the 8 gb that I bought because I thought at that price point was awsome. Guess I'm being punished for supporting Google to Earlie' . And forget contacting them its impossible. I think the should do a buy back like best buy. I don't think I'll be supporting Google so quickly anymore

I DO feel somewhat duped... I bought one on 10/19 for my daughters bday, and only 10 days later they drop the 8gb model and offer the 16gb for the same price. That was ONLY 10 days later!

AND when I bought it, they were no longer offering any google play store credit, NONE. So if it had come with a $25 or better yet a $50 play store credit, I would be perfectly fine with it.

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I DO feel somewhat duped... I bought one on 10/19 for my daughters bday, and only 10 days later they drop the 8gb model and offer the 16gb for the same price. That was ONLY 10 days later!

AND when I bought it, they were no longer offering any google play store credit, NONE. So if it had come with a $25 or better yet a $50 play store credit, I would be perfectly fine with it.

Sorry you got caught at the tail end of the change over but if you had spent a little time researching it you would have seen the rumors of a $250 32GB model and $200 for the 16GB model.

The way I would look at it, if your daughter is happy, no problem? It's still very usable.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So if you buy a 4 cyclinder car and its awesome and great gas mileage then a month later the car comes in a v8 with same gas mileage your not going to be disappointed? I think not. At the very least people should get an option to trade in or upgrade. Imo
The instant depreciation when you drive it off the lot is a much bigger disappointment for me. You can avoid that by buying used. For example, I bet I could get a nice discount on a used 8 GB Nexus 7 now. :D :D

Look. You feel the way you feel. No amount of logic will change emotions and you do have every right to feel disappointed. However, Google has no obligation to refund money if the device works as advertised. Even if they release a 128 GB Nexus 7 for $99 on 12/26, they are not obligated to give free upgrades (and rebates) to everyone who got a Nexus 7 for Christmas.

When we choose to be early adopters (especially in technology) there is a well known risk (some might say guarantee) that something better and/or cheaper is right around the corner. If someone can't handle that reality, they are foolish to buy any technological device that's not mature.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
and you do have every right to feel disappointed.

Nope, no rights involved here. People throw around the word "right" entirely too much.

The OP can feel jipped, But they have no right to.

Let's look at it from the completely other end of the spectrum, does Google have the "right" to be mad that you weren't willing to voluntarily pay an additional $50 for the 8GB N7 two weeks after you bought it for $200? Hey, you expect to get something back a couple days after you bought it, why can't the seller expect to just get more money from you a couple days after the transaction?

Sounds silly doesn't it? But it is pretty much the same thing you (the OP) are expecting from them.

-Suntan

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Of course they have the right to feel disappointed AND Mr. Google indeed does have the right to be mad that someone wasn't willing to pay an additional $50.

Just as you have the right to not care one wit about how they've chosen to feel if that's what you choose.

ETA : Some day, when you come home and your significant other is sad about something you did (or didn't do) tell them that they have no right to feel that way. Get back to us on how that works out for you and your relationship.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I knew that 8GB is rather small coming from a 32GB phone bought back in 2010 but I decided to pull the trigger because I wanted to try out an Android device in the cheap. I would've definitely felt like a fool if I bought an iPad only to find out seven months later there would be a totally upgraded version instead of just a hard drive boost. When deciding to buy a tech gadget, they say patience is a virtue. Too bad I don't have any.

Sent from a tablet on a crappy OS, using an app that I purchased from an app store that appends this signature below my post to make me look superior in social status to everyone else.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Of course they have the right to feel disappointed AND Mr. Google indeed does have the right to be mad that someone wasn't willing to pay an additional $50.

Just as you have the right to not care one wit about how they've chosen to feel if that's what you choose.

We're arguing the same thing, so I'll not carry this any further than this. My issue is with using the word "right." Which implies the person is even remotely entitled to having the feeling. I know they will have the feeling, because human nature dictates that we always look for someone to blame when we feel we have been wronged. But the reality is that the OP hasn't even been wronged. The blame is not only misplaced, but it is unfounded. Certainly nothing even close to being entitled to.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the subject.

-Suntan

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
not sure it was a great idea because a month later the 16 GB model drops to 199 and I'm stuck with the 8 gb

I'm 'stuck" with an 8 GB version too, and no regrets about my purchase. I've been having a heck of a good time for months learning and using my N7. Sure it would have been nice to get a 16 gb model for the same price that I bought the 8GB version. But, things change quickly with teleology. Tomorrow there will always be something better than you bought today. If we can't take the heat, we should get out of the fire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze