Data Rates for HSPA+

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Buying the N7 in the coming days. I would like to get the HSPA+ version but I can't figure out the data plans and rates. Anyone have an idea? I don't want to spend the extra $50 if I'm going to get screwed by monthly data rates.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Buying the N7 in the coming days. I would like to get the HSPA+ version but I can't figure out the data plans and rates. Anyone have an idea? I don't want to spend the extra $50 if I'm going to get screwed by monthly data rates.

The rates for service depend on who you get service with. :)

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Found this but no prices;

Google says that it's selling the 32GB + Mobile Nexus 7 unlocked and you can buy it with either a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card pre-installed and you'll be responsible for getting your own data plan through a carrier.

It's important to note that HSPA+ is not compatible with newer, faster 4G networks, and is really a 3.5G technology. Google says that the 32GB + Mobile Nexus 7 can operate on more than 200 GSM providers worldwide, including AT&T in the U.S. It's also worth mentioning that compared with Apple, which typically charges $100 or so to add cellular data connectivity in its "premium" iPad models, Google is charging less to add it to the Nexus 7, particularly when you factor in the memory boost to 32GB.

Google Nexus 7 - Tablets - CNET Reviews

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Most likely AT&T in the states.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this but no prices;

Google says that it's selling the 32GB + Mobile Nexus 7 unlocked and you can buy it with either a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card pre-installed and you'll be responsible for getting your own data plan through a carrier.

It's important to note that HSPA+ is not compatible with newer, faster 4G networks, and is really a 3.5G technology. Google says that the 32GB + Mobile Nexus 7 can operate on more than 200 GSM providers worldwide, including AT&T in the U.S. It's also worth mentioning that compared with Apple, which typically charges $100 or so to add cellular data connectivity in its "premium" iPad models, Google is charging less to add it to the Nexus 7, particularly when you factor in the memory boost to 32GB.

Google Nexus 7 - Tablets - CNET Reviews

Yeah I found the same thing but lacked the important monthly cost.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Would it be possible to Get a sim through T-Mobile under a "Unlimited plan" for a phone and get the unlimited data? Or if you already have a T Mobile sim activated for unlimited Data and use that?

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Would it be possible to Get a sim through T-Mobile under a "Unlimited plan" for a phone and get the unlimited data? Or if you already have a T Mobile sim activated for unlimited Data and use that?

From my understanding, it seems as though you'll be able to use your already activated SIM card. Although, having two activated SIMs would be ideal...but may be expensive. AT&T appears as though they charge $30 for 3gb per month...while the plan down is $15 for 250 mb...BS AT&T BS.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile's HSPA+ is nearly as fast as LTE. AT&T has put most of their effort into LTE so hasn't built up HSPA as much...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma