Google now broken?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
After the most recent update, search loads forever but won't load the results. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Not working for me either. Was working after the update. It just started acting funky

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
After the most recent update, search loads forever but won't load the results. Anyone else having this issue?

It got wonky here tonight. First time I have ever seen search falter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah mine was working fine after the update, but not last night. I uninstalled updates and it works now, haven't tried updating again and trying today yet.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work this morning but it's working fine now, must have been something wrong on Google's end because I posted the issue on their support forums and it got fixed shortly thereafter

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
it's completely hosed up here, this morning. I just rebooted, as I realized that Pandora no longer gave audio output, despite streaming. each time I'd try to use Google Now, I'd get a 1/2 second of the music. working ok after reboot. Turned Pandora back on; Google Now is still working.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Having Google open Pandora for me is working fine. However with searching, it just sits there and spins.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
let me clarify. I left the room for a while, where the N7 was sitting. when I came back I didn't realize that the music had stopped. I read this thread and went to Google Now to check it out. it wasn't until I got the 1/2 second of music on each attempt that I remembered that I'd left Pandora playing a while ago, so Pandora had stopped BEFORE I tried Google Now.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
geez, now the audio keeps stopping on Pandora with the screen asleep...but not right away..just randomly. I remember having this issue months ago, but not recently. hope this doesn't mean a reset is in order. grrr.

spexicola

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Having Google open Pandora for me is working fine. However with searching, it just sits there and spins.

Pardon my noobness, but what's the Now command(s) for Pandora? Also having the same issue with search. Simple response questions work fine, but no search results at all.

MisterPo

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem also. search function use to work fine but now it does not work. It just shows loading the icon. I tried uninstalling the update but it still does not work. :(

Liv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well.

I just purchased my Nexus 7 last night and did all of the prompted updates - so I figured it was just user error since I'm an iPad crossover and having to reteach myself Android.

I'm able to search fine via chrome, but when I try to use the actual search function it spins and doesn't give me anything. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing - trying to convince my husband to get one too instead of adamantly refusing to give it a better chance. He wants to save up for the iPad Mini 32gb - but at $429.00 I'm trying to waiver him to Nexus for now.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Go to Apps>Google Search. Clear Cache, clear data. Force Stop. Try using Google search again.
If still doesn't work, try uninstalling the update. clear data and cache. try again.

If it then works, you can always try reinstalling the update and see if it works. if not, do the uninstall again and wait it out.

joe_p

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my nexus 7, google search seems to work fine when done from a browser on my nexus 7 or my computer and on my iphone
but it wont work from the nexus 7 app. When I type or speak a search term the circular searching icon just spins and nothing gets displayed.
I noticed if you click on "images" at the bottom of the screen it will display images for the search most of the time.
I tried forcing a stop, clearing the cache, clearing data and uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times but nothing seems to work.
cant figure it out?
Joe

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm it was working fine for me until this morning. Has anyone found out what the problem is or how to fix it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt