.Computer Games On Nexus 7.

DeathStroke25

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
So i've been using the Nexus 7 for a couple of months now and I actually love it. It really is a great device. I found a bunch of apps that lets you play games on it but I was wondering if theres a way to put .iso files onto the device and play them? I have this huge obsession with Civilization 5 and I know the Nexus 7 is more than capable of running it, I just wanna know if its possible to somehow run it. Btw, I already know about Splashtop and even though thats a great app to use for games, it'll be pointless without a wifi connection. I wanna be able to play games without a wifi connection needed. Also my device is not rooted. Thanks. :)

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
It has to be an .apk file otherwise it won't know what it is to run. Unless you can find an emulator which can read them...not sure if there is one.

I thought ISO's where for dvd movies?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought ISO's where for dvd movies?

ISO is a disk image.

And no, you can't load ISO onto the N7 and have it run. Android is not Windows, it's a different OS. The game would have to be written in the Android language.

Your best bet is probably going to be using splashtop. I haven't tried it for games nor really have the desire to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol