Tethering N7 & Sprint GSIII?

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm brand new to the Nexus 7 and am looking for a way to tether to my Sprint Galaxy SIII. Both devices are stock. I've used PDANet with the GSIII and my laptop, but it looks like that's not an option with the N7. Are there any free apps that can be used?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
PDANet will work in conjunction with FoxFi running on your S3 but only over Bluetooth - a restriction with Sprint. Works fine on mine, albeit a slow connection. You also have to sideload FoxFi on your S3 - you can't get it from the Play Store ---

FoxFi Installer

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Works great, albeit slowly, as you said.

Good to hear that. Not sure that we will ever see unrooted, tethered WiFi on the Sprint S3 - the FoxFi update has been in work for quite a while now and the update to JB probably complicated the issue.

kgilbertsen

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear that. Not sure that we will ever see unrooted, tethered WiFi on the Sprint S3 - the FoxFi update has been in work for quite a while now and the update to JB probably complicated the issue.

If I ever root, is there an option to tether via WiFi? That's free?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if you guys know that there is the Bluetooth tethering in JB on the stock update for Sprint in which I have used with my Nezus 7 already. It is under more data in the settings menu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if you guys know that there is the Bluetooth tethering in JB on the stock update for Sprint in which I have used with my Nezus 7 already. It is under more data in the settings menu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Unless my info is out of date, don't you have to pay a tethering plan if you're with Sprint?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon