Google play balance option greyed out

shadowz01

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I could purchase apps just fine last month, but today my Google play balance option greyed out when I try to purchase apps on either tablet or pc.
I did a little test to purchase a same app on both pc and tablet and the result was google play balance option greyed out on PC, but I could select it on tablet.
I did a few more tests after that and noticed all the paid apps didn't allow me to use my google play balance if I'm on a PC, and random paid apps allowed me on tablet.
Any help?

Unfortunately the app I wanted to buy didn't allow me to use Google play balance on tablet:'( I'll probably have to add a credit card to buy it :-\

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Did the amount of your Google Play balance cover the full cost of the app? Did you actually try to buy an app on your tablet that wasn't grayed out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Did the amount of your Google Play balance cover the full cost of the app? Did you actually try to buy an app on your tablet that wasn't grayed out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

This. If your play balance won't cover the cost, you can't select it. You have to pick one of your G Wallet credit cards.

shadowz01

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The app costs $2.99 and my balance has $22 left lol
All the apps allowed me to use my balance to purchase except the only app i wanted to buy(using google balance option greyed out).
As I mentioned above, only using play store on tablet allow me to select play balance, but not on pc.:-\
Anyway I added a credit card to purchase the app already, seems weird bcuz i opened all the top paid apps and I could purchase all of them with play balance, but not the one I wanted lol

Apanther

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen to me. But, it was because I have 2 google accounts on my Nexus 7, both with positive google account balances. I was trying to do an in app purchase and because I downloaded the original app with one account, it wouldn't allow me to do the in-app purchase with the other. So, one of my balances was greyed out.

You also can't purchase magazine subscriptions with it either. One edition, yes. Subscription service, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci