My Photos--any way to set as wallpaper

tab4us

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Via Dropbox I transferred photos to my Nexus. I can't find a way to set them as wallpaper to my home screen.

Possible to do?

Thanks

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you can see them in the gallery and then do a long press on your desktop. One of the options for wallpaper will be the gallery. Just pick the photo you want to use. Hope this helps. - sheureka

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Long press on the home screen or you can go to gallery and set it.

Open the gallery, open your picture, click on settings for that picture (three bars on the upper right corner), set picture as, wallpaper. You can then crop or stretch the box on the image.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tab4us

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Long press on the home screen or you can go to gallery and set it.

Open the gallery, open your picture, click on settings for that picture (three bars on the upper right corner), set picture as, wallpaper. You can then crop or stretch the box on the image.

Sorry, must be missing something.

When I open Gallery I get the drop option of Tags Albums, Locations Time and People. There are no photos in any of those areas.

My photos are in the Dropbox app but I dont see a way to get them to the gallery

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Suggest using file manager such as Ghost Commander to locate pictures and QuikPic to use for photos. The path to my Dropbox file is long but see attached. Box is easier to get to. Press on thumbnails to see options.

/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/scratch

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Also using Ghost Commander you can add new directories under pictures and then show them as Albums under QuikPic.

/storage/sdcard0/Pictures

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit confused by all this. All I did to get my photos to show up in the Gallery was to drag and drop them from my computer to the pictures folder on my Nexus. As soon as I do that, they show up right then in the Gallery with out any other programs or importers being needed.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a relative newbie to Android also but I have found there are many ways to do things. Using your laptop with the tablet as a USB flash drive or wirelessly syncing is another. Drag and drop on the N7 by itself I haven't tried except for moving screen icons around.

A motto: brain waves crashing on the reefs of ignorance may dislodge a gold nugget

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My photos are in the Dropbox app but I dont see a way to get them to the gallery

You need to export from dropbox. Click on the down arrow on the right side of the name.

Normally to /sdcard/download would be the easiest spot to remember. It will show up in your gallery.

tab4us

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks your your comment regarding exporting from dropbox. (And thanks to others who have taken their time to reply)

I tried to export the visual photo to gallery and got the message that it failed. Tried multiple times with other photos and went in and out of dropbox to see if that would help--it did not. I was considering deleting dropbox and then reinstalling.

Then someway or another I got a screen listing my photos (not the actual photo). Had an option to export to gallery and it worked. Then begin the process of setting the photo to wallpaper and did not like the photo was cropped. Backed out. Then opened dropbox and the screen showing the visual photo came up and I tried to export to gallery and it worked, whereas it had failed multiple times before..

So now I have my photo on wallpaper.