Nexus 7 Hangout issues

NickFromHouston

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been dabbling with the Hangout feature on my Nexus 7 and I have had a couple issues with it. Here they are:

1) When I have the Nexus 7 in portrait mode, the video output that others see in the Hangout is they see my video in portrait form. I can rotate the N7 to the side and others can then see me in landscape view, but the output is more squarish and isn't either 16:9 or 16:10 - more like 4:3. Where everyone else who is using Hangout from a PC is recording in landscape mode and the output video also appears in landscape mode, and apparently 16:9 screen ratio. Incidentally, when I am viewing myself on the N7, either in portrait or landscape mode, the video I am seeing is in 4:3 mode so I cannot align what I am seeing on screen, with what others in the Hangout are seeing. Is there any way to make adjustments to how the camera records video for Hangout?

2) On my PC notebook, I can enter a green room before I start the hangout. On the N7 I can only select someone, start a hangout, and once the attempt initiates, I can see myself, while listening to the equivalent of a ringer the entire time (which in and of itself is highly annoying to listen to). So basically I want the ability to enter a green room on my N7 before actually initiating the Hangout.

Incidentally, if anyone else has any issues with Hangout on their Nexus 7, you are welcome to bring them up here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800