Uneven color temp/brightness across the screen

generax

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you (Nexus 7 owners) experiences an uneven color temp/brightness across a Nexus 7 screen? I have searched threads in google but found no Nexus 7 owner mentioned about this but many iPad owners did (see thread).

My Nexus 7 is a C9O which was replaced a screen by ASUS 1 week ago (due to broken screen). I have noticed this problem 2 days after received it back. My screen is generally a "warm tint" (as most N7 are, I believe) but when I see a white or grey background (in ebooks or webpages) in portrait mode, about 1/3 of the left screen has a more cooler tone and it is gradually warmer toward the right. There is hardly noticeable when I watch movie or surfing most websites but it's quite annoying when I read e-newspaper or ebooks which are around 70% of my usage.

Note that this is not due to viewing angles since I tried to rotate the screen / change viewing angle and the problem is persist (on the "correct" side). I tried to use my DSLR to take a shot of my screen but it can't capture the uneven color temp just like eyes do.

I just want to know if this is normal for an IPS/LCD screen? Please share your idea / experience on this. Any way to fix it? Thanks!!

PS. Sorry for my bad English.

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my device. It is a C60 model, 16 GB. I found that if I loosened all of the screws around the border, the right side of the screen is more balanced with the left side. If I tightened the screws, it made the problem worse. Almost as if the back was pressing up against the screen too much causing a lot of light leakage. Once I loosed the screws, not too loose ( just barely tightened), this reduced the amount of pressure that was put on the screen. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome