Why can't I find a Nexus 7 without screen lift issues ?

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I got a 32GB with the ATT cell option a few weeks ago and I was reading this thread thinking "Gee I must be dim, as I don't notice anything at all." Mine's in one of those Blaurex cases with the little tabs but I press on the sides.

Then I checked and indeed I only have tape on one side of the box and the box has a half-moon cutout on each side. I looked for the C80 code, but couldn't find it, though I notice that my serial number starts with CB0 (and I'm pretty sure it's a B and not an 8). But I don't see any lift at all. Perhaps it's because the cell option ones are all new.

kgh00007

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree that those who have gone through 5, 6, 7, 8 or more tablets are ridiculously nitpicky and probably the kind of people that are never happy with anything. I got my 32GB for Christmas and there is no "screen lift". BTW it's a CAOK.

Hey, how is your screen? Mine is CB0K and the screen contrast is terrible, everything looks terrible! I compared to the display model in the store and the display model was much better. They are all out of 32GB models so I'll have to wait but I'm looking to find a 32GB batch that people are happy with so I can try and get a good one!

By the way, no screen lift on this one, just badly washed out screen that makes everything look like the colour has been sun bleached out of it!

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 is so good! But screen lift is in all of them and i said all of them , i returned mine 5 times, my first one screen lift, my second one screen lift my 3rd one screen lift after i returned my 3rd one the new 32gb was out and i pick the new one, 32gb again screen lift a secon 32gb and screen lift, my first 3 16gb are c80 with the box with one round tape and the dimples in the side, my 2 others 32gb the box was with 1x square tape and dimples like the 16gb.

This sucks i really want the nexus 7 but hell to google N7 or hell to asus, does not make sence asus have very good quality producs !!

I love my new iPad !!!!!!! Apple is Apple

Here is a link off all the stuff i never even use all my nexus were returned in a period of 2 weeks not even a chance to recived my accessories.

Nexus 7 Bundle 2X Smart Case Cover 2X Screen Protector Carring Bag OTG USB | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, now you can use Tapatalk on your iPhone to bother the Apple forums with your idiocy. 6 posts and out, we got off easy on this one boyz and girlz.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey, how is your screen? Mine is CB0K and the screen contrast is terrible, everything looks terrible! I compared to the display model in the store and the display model was much better. They are all out of 32GB models so I'll have to wait but I'm looking to find a 32GB batch that people are happy with so I can try and get a good one!

By the way, no screen lift on this one, just badly washed out screen that makes everything look like the colour has been sun bleached out of it!

Seems great to me! Here's a screenshot from my Gallery(the bottom of the pic is supposed to be out of focus):

Screenshot_2013-01-01-01-08-13.png

Mikesnexus

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Wish someone would put up a shot of the screen lift issue.
I'm on my second device and two friends both have N7.
No issues here.

From my device to yours

chazzwood

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I received my Nexus 7 32gb cellular on 7th Jan and today i noticed the back casing started creaking on the left hand side around where the NEXUS is embossed. it is very noticeable when you grip it to hold it in landscape to play games. I put a little pressure there and it seems there is a lot of flex ,which makes the plastic creak , as if there is nothing beneath it to support that side where as on the other side it's quite firm and no creaks. I also sense that in time this flex could loosen the glass as it seems the part of the rear case where the glass is glued seems to be pulling away when pressure is applied in that area as you would do to hold it firmly to play games.
Having paid ?250 including postage I wasn't going accept this standard of build quality so I rang Google support and reported it and requested to return it. The lady who I was talking to didn't understand what the problem was so I demonstrated the creaking sound of the case over the phone. She confirmed she heard it, went to speak to someone, came back and offered me a replacement. I accepted on condition that if the build quality was the same I will return the new one for a full refund.

warmonked

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Wish someone would put up a shot of the screen lift issue.
I'm on my second device and two friends both have N7.
No issues here.

From my device to yours

The screen lifting out of the bezel 0.5 mm isn't what bothers me. It's that the lift ends up making that side of the screen squishy. If you press on that side, the LCD ripples as well. I've had two (one from the play store, and one from office depot) in a row that had this problem. I dunno why some people never see units with this issue *shrug*

Bethany Schwarz

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
If I were you GET THE ONE WITH A SCREEN LIFT!!!! I've heard that If they don't have a screen there's too much pressure and the screen cracks just sitting there like on a table.I was upset about mine having a lift but now I'm glad!!!

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 is so good! But screen lift is in all of them and i said all of them , i returned mine 5 times, my first one screen lift, my second one screen lift my 3rd one screen lift after i returned my 3rd one the new 32gb was out and i pick the new one, 32gb again screen lift a secon 32gb and screen lift, my first 3 16gb are c80 with the box with one round tape and the dimples in the side, my 2 others 32gb the box was with 1x square tape and dimples like the 16gb.

This sucks i really want the nexus 7 but hell to google N7 or hell to asus, does not make sence asus have very good quality producs !!

I love my new iPad !!!!!!! Apple is Apple

Here is a link off all the stuff i never even use all my nexus were returned in a period of 2 weeks not even a chance to recived my accessories.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261128659627&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble. I like Apple's stuff too, I love my MacBook Air, Mac OS X is fantastic, but iOS doesn't excite me. Luckily my Nexus 7 doesn't have this "screen lift" problem, or any other issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance