Resetting "Just Once/Always"??

JeffB99

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. Just purchased my first Android device and boy...is this a learning curve! This forum is great and generally so far, so good.

I wanted to play a few .mov files which I just copied from my PC. Of course Google Play Movies doesn't work so -- as some suggested -- I downloaded RockPlayerLite which worked fine. But launching Play Movies, I mistakenly selected Use Always which associates video files (including .mov files) to the Google App. Of course, the error box says "Can't Play This Video" but I don't see a way to undo my "Use Always/Just This Once" selection. While I can just launch RPLite and watch, I would like to reset the association in Play Movies.

Please note....I already looked at Settings/Apps/Google Play Movies/LaunchByDefault but the Clear Defaults button is greyed out.

I hope the above makes sense. How do I clear the file association in Play Movies so I can get the "Use Always/Just This Once" choice back?

Thanks!

--Jeff

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
dwr3ck3d's method resets all app preferences.

Say you had Chrome set as your default browser, Google Voice set as your default texting app, and Play Movies set as your default video player. If you only wanted to reset the default video player, do what dwr3ck3d said but, after scrolling to All, find and click on the Play Movies app and scroll down to Clear defaults. That'll clear your default video player, but Chrome and Google Voice will stay your default browser and texting apps.

Also, installing or uninstalling another video player will reset video player defaults.

Leti Martinez

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally pressed the always button to use only android message tones and now I cant use zedge ringtones.how do I reset it? I already went to settings and all and the buttons are grayed out.someone please help.i have a galaxy s4 active

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally pressed the always button to use only android message tones and now I cant use zedge ringtones.how do I reset it? I already went to settings and all and the buttons are grayed out.someone please help.i have a galaxy s4 active

Try downloading another ringtone app. That should reset the defaults.

subhadra sarkar

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
How to reset the "always" and "just once" while adding up some ringtones

Hi!!
I have a new Samsung Galaxy S4. I was trying to set a ringtone for my mobile. While doing this I press "Add" button at the bottom. Then it asked "Just Once" or "Always"....I pressed "Always" button. But now want to reset it. can you please me to go back to previous setting.

Subhadra

Queen_nookiej

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Omg!! The same thing happened with me like I have a T-mobile android and I cant get my **** back. My ex was like for me to call the company n **** n im like I guess so idk what to do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Omg!! The same thing happened with me like I have a T-mobile android and I cant get my **** back. My ex was like for me to call the company n **** n im like I guess so idk what to do?

Welcome to Android Central! Can be a little more specific? What is it that you can't get back? What you wrote got bleeped out.

Deb63

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Just used your advice to reset after accidentally selecting always for google photos rather than Gallery. Thanks very much.

Castleroy

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I pressed 'always' by mistake while selecting the instant message option between whatsapp and original phone sms app. I tried every thing to reset the just once / always option for my instant messaging app (between default sms and whatsapp). Nothing seems to work. I can not add new ppl to my whatsapp contacts, neither can I send whatsapp messages through my contacts. because every time I choose to message someone from my contacts list, the app takes me to default sms app. Every time I reset the defaults, it comes back on. Don't know why and how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I pressed 'always' by mistake while selecting the instant message option between whatsapp and original phone sms app. I tried every thing to reset the just once / always option for my instant messaging app (between default sms and whatsapp). Nothing seems to work. I can not add new ppl to my whatsapp contacts, neither can I send whatsapp messages through my contacts. because every time I choose to message someone from my contacts list, the app takes me to default sms app. Every time I reset the defaults, it comes back on. Don't know why and how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Download 1Tap Cleaner and clear the defaults.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried to uninstall the MX Player app but it didn't work even I have to install another app that is same function. My device is Nexus 10.

Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to uninstall MX Player, or are you trying to clear its default setting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy