Resetting "Just Once/Always"??

Cserebogar

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the actual apps that appear in this dialog box?? I have a Note 3. it comes up with an App called Photos when I Want ot play a video. Photo's won't play a video and I'd like to remove it from the Just once /Always box?? Similarily how would you add an app that isn't listed there to be a choice within this dialog box??

Bhushan Bharath

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Go to Application Manger in Settings and select the All tab (note:there will be downloaded, sd card, running and all) then touch the three lines on the left of the home button download.jpg and choose reset app preferences............

Hope it helped:)

droiduser89

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello when setting my home screen background I clicked always on a way to crop the photo now it doesn't crop the way I want it to. The other crop option allows me to make my background cover one page and stay the same when flipping through pages like the iPhone the crop option I'm using now is making my photo cover all of my papers so it scrolls with my pages and it looks like a panorama. How do i reset the always on cropping a background for my home screen. I have the lg access lte I already cleared my defaults for the gallery app I don't know what app is cropping my background

Last edited:

Rupal8888

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings - - Applications - - scroll down to the app you want changed - - click it. Somewhere in the description and other wording is a Choice to Clear all Defaults. This is the same with any chosen similar app. Example, I hit Always on Internet but wanted Chrome. I got thru the settings.. apps.. Click on Internet and Clear all defaults.

This Allows me to cover again next time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hey ‚thanks fo the information.It helped me:))

celia785

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks.
I have been searching forums for answers to this question and trying to find the offending (or insistent app) to no avail. With this app I was able to find and clear the default. I plan to upgrade it just bc it ended my searched.

Thank you again.

J_0ng

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
In addition to what ffejjj described, you can also reset all app preferences by going to Settings>Apps, and tapping the menu button at the upper right, and tapping Reset App Preferences. This will do a universal clearance of defaults (and will also re-enable any disabled apps).

I was going to watch a video on Facebook when I accidentally pressed the always button and I couldn't get it back none of your tips and tricks seem to work (it works on my other apps except Facebook ) my phone is a Lenovo A536 HELP !!! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Heather Sheppard

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I was changing my ringtone and accidently hit always. Now I cant download ringtones from my app and find them. I need to be able to have the option to choose. can anyone help

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I was changing my ringtone and accidently hit always. Now I cant download ringtones from my app and find them. I need to be able to have the option to choose. can anyone help
If you know the app you chose go to Settings - Apps - (choose all and find that app) - once you click on the app look for where our says Default and you can clear default there to fix it..

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And if you don't know which app, then go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu (the 3 vertical dot button at the upper right), then Reset All App Preferences. This will clear all app defaults.

Mr-Nesquik Nestle

May 3, 2015
Visit site
help plz!! so i want to add a image from inside my FB messenger, and it gives me the option Dropbox, gallery whatever app u have there to pull up pics!! so i accidentally pressed always gallery, how do i UNDO this =/

steyn10

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, I had made a similar choice, and lost access to the system/default ringtones in my Lenovo A1000.
Thanks to the tips on this site, I found the culprit: the app called: "Media Storage" by navigating to: Settings > Apps > All.
Here I clicked "Clear Defaults".
Now, I went back to "Audio Profiles" > Long-Press General > Click 'Edit' > Long-Press the option under Ringtone
Voila! I have the option returned: "Complete Action using Media Storage"
I choose "Just Once"
Now all the system ringtones are accessible!

Hope this helps..

FYI: The other apps used to choose the ringtone are: File Explorer, Custom Ringtones: You might want to "Clear Defaults" for any one of these, if the issue persists.

Ashok Kumar r

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Tap the device menu button
Tap Settings
Locate the Application manager
Swipe to the left until you get to the All section
Scroll down until you find the application that's set as the default (Such Drive / Dropbox / Sound picker / Choose Music Track)
Tap the entry for the application
Tap Clear defaults

Sophia Lemus

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I accidently tapped "Always' instead of "Just Once", and now I can't do what i want to on that app. I can't click "Clear Defaults" on settings because it's just gray and not really a button. By the way, I have an Android Tablet so if you talk about "3 Vertical Dot Button" i wouldn't really understand. Thank you!

Que Dub 82

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, your attachment won't open. I'm trying to understand clearly what your situation is--what did you specify to "Always Use" when selecting the More Ringtones option? Did you actually select Google Drive? This would seem unlikely, since Google Drive keeps files in the cloud, not locally. Do you remember if you selected some File Manager app? Different phones may come with different stock file managers, and some don't have one at all. Check your Settings>Apps>All list, and see if there's anything called File Manager, My Files, or something similar--then select that app and tap Clear Defaults. See if that helps.

Hey b diddy I'm having the same problem almost Kyocera reach and I was setting my clock ringtone and I chose the always use option for the File Commander which I don't want and now it does nothing but go to the File Commander wherever I choose. How do I reset so that I may go to the page for all the preset ringtones are at