Google Calendar does not Synchronize

NexusPuzzled

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Recently acquired a Nexus 7 16GB. On my W7 laptop I have been a longtime user of several Google apps, GMail, Chrome, Calendar, Contacts. I finds the Nexus syncs with GMail, Chrome and Contacts but NOT WITH CALENDAR even though I have selected SYNC at both ends. Am I missing something?

Thank you,
NexusPuzzled

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Two things to try:

1. Go to the tablet's System Settings/Account (Google), tap your account name, make sure Calendar is checked for sync.

2. Go to the Calendar app's Settings, tap your account name, and make sure the calendars that you want synced are checked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

NexusPuzzled

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Forgive me but that makes no sense. There's an entry with my Google account particulars for the Calendar app and its synchronizing. It even says last synchronized......etc.

Thanks again,
NexusPuzzled

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, it sounds like step 1 is taken care of.

For step 2, open your Calendar app. Then tap the Menu button (the vertical 3 dot icon at the upper right). Then tap Settings, and then tap your account name (xyz@gmail.com).

You should then see a list of all of your Google calendars. (Remember that you can create any different calendars on the same account.) Make sure that the calendar(s) that you want to show up are checked. By unchecking unwanted calendars, you can make your calendar view less cluttered.

When you're done, tap the back button until you're back to the main calendar screen, then tap the Menu button again and select Refresh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums