Nexus 7 3G - AT&T only?

drblast33

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So, I looked at the google.com/play store and looked to see if there was any update on the 3G Nexus 7... and they changed the link from https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=5-5ygWCK to https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=5-5ygWCK and has a AT&T logo next to it. I dont see any link for a t-mobile version. Has anyone confirmed that there is one unlocked version, not 2 independent AT&T and T-Mobile versions. Weird that they have a link with AT&T in it and the AT%T logo... no mention of T-mobile or unlocked any longer. Am I reading too much into this?

drblast33

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Another note... has anyone noticed the Nexus 7 covers state "Wifi only" now? I guess there has to be thicker covers for the 3G versions.

drblast33

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
while looking for answers at xda, UberSlackr stated in the XDA forums:
Okay, Scratched that... Contacted Google Device Support (Actually Got an Intelligent Person this time) and they informed that it will be unlocked, and AT&T is only listed to let buyers know AT&T Service can be used on the Device. (and he hinted at a possible AT&T Data Only plan for the N7)

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, looks like it's locked to AT&T! Holy crap...

I'm looking at the fine print... gives options to set up AT&T service only... wow.

Let's hope some ingenious hacker can get this working with T-Mobile and other gsm carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
It says clearly in the name UNLOCKED. I just bought mine like 2 hours ago. Granted it comes with an AT&T sim card, it should still work on T-Mobile.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

drblast33

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they just struck a deal (Im sure) that made each Nexus 7 3G ship with an AT&T sim. Now the question is, is it a mini or micro SIM? I might have to cut my T-Mobile SIM down.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they just struck a deal (Im sure) that made each Nexus 7 3G ship with an AT&T sim. Now the question is, is it a mini or micro SIM? I might have to cut my T-Mobile SIM down.

Google Nexus 7 with mobile data review | The Verge

DSC_2476-800.jpg

drblast33

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Micro it is... Thanks for the picture. Called t-mobile, they said they give Micro SIMs for free to customers... cant believe I was going to buy a cutter. Instead, I just bought a good adapter on amazon.