"Hey, is that the new iPad Mini?!"

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol I take my nexus 7 to work everyday and last week my boss says hey when did you get the iPad mini smh

Sent from my PC36100

Thanks for posting this topic!

I take my N7 to work as well. The other day I was walking out of a meeting and 2 senior VPs came up to me and asked if that was the Ipad mini. I told them that it was a Nexus 7 and one just politely said "oh" and walked away. The other who's a big Apple fan boy asked a few questions about it and I went on the explain why it's so much better than the mini. But again, in one ear and out the other.

These two are not very tech savvy so I doubt they probably ever heard of a Nexus device or who makes them. The IT guys, who I talk tech with at work, have just been gushing over my N7 and have spent some time checking it out. I guess it goes to show that people who know tech know how awesome the N7 is. Others who don't really give a crap about tech gravitate to Ipads.

asterather

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If someone asks something like that, they lose any type of nerd/tech card they thought they had.
I've only had one person notice I had a N7, and he works at office depot.
Otherwise, everyone has no idea what it is.
anyone that is getting the N10 is going to be even more screwed. lolz

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
My aunt asked me that two days ago. I wanted to facepalm so bad but I told her what it was and she seemed genuinely interested, especially after telling her the price.

weasle543

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I've been asked if my N7 was a minipad :screwy:

I've had 3 Android phones since 2010. So far I've converted 4 coworkers to android phones and 2 of them have picked up N7s.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I get this question all the time and its frustrating....I am thinking of putting on the back of my case that just says no its a nexus 7 lol....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me every day at school. I'm an engineering student so my friends are tech saavy enough that after a second glance they know it's not an iPad mini, but they like to tell people that ask that it is one because they know I dislike iOS. Barely anyone knows what a nexus 7 is. Once I remind them some people remember what it is.

Sad that the iPad mini has been out two weeks and everyone knows what they are, whereas the N7 has been out six months and most people can't figure out I have a nexus 7.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just because more people have heard of something doesn't make it better. More people know about Sony headphones, but that doesn't make them better than, say, Sennheiser.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My dad bought my mom a 10" Tab 2 and I have heard her call it an iPad multiple times. I cringe every time, but she has gotten better since I started correcting her. Now she just mostly calls it a Tablet.

stoneysilence

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Was just asked this by the waitress at the restaurant I'm at. I don't blame her since it is similar in size.... Gave the gf and I a chuckle. how many of you have been asked the same?

Same thing happened to me. I was sitting next to my sister who has a iPad and I was on my Nexus 7 and somebody asked if this was the new mini.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Was just asked this by the waitress at the restaurant I'm at. I don't blame her since it is similar in size.... Gave the gf and I a chuckle. how many of you have been asked the same?

I get questions like this all the time about the N7 and now about the N10 (and occasionally from some old guys in my golf club about my samsung galaxy nexus). Just do what I do when they ask if it's an iPad(Mini) or iPhone:

"No, actually it's a Google Nexus. It's sorta like an i_____, but better."

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Sad that the iPad mini has been out two weeks and everyone knows what they are, whereas the N7 has been out six months and most people can't figure out I have a nexus 7.

Especially since everyone who's been on the internet at least once as of July has probably unknowingly seen the ads for them :p.

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Look what I found on a small fb page I like
Thought it was pretty fuuny. Small world
Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353396438332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353396438332.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 67