About to buy...need advice.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I would appreciate a quick reply as I am planning on buying a Nexus 7 today!

My question is whether I should get the 16gb or spring for the 32gb. I would be putting a lot of games on it but not high power games. Games like Angry Birds, solitaire, puzzle type games, trivia games, etc. I don't have much in the way of music or even pictures to put on it although I could put more pictures on it I suppose. I don't put movies on it but rather watch movies through Netflix or Slingbox. What I don't want to do is buy the 16gb and then regret it later. I guess what I am really asking is if the 16GB would be enough for my usage?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You would probably be fine with the 16GB.

You can have a lot of pictures and lightweight games with the storage provided. A lot.

-Suntan

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Suntan, I disagree with you, though understand your evaluation!

Spend the extra $50 now because you can't add internal storage later. Even if current habits indicate not needed the extra gigabytes, it's nice not having to think about it in the future. If it was $100 extra I might have a different opinion, but to me this is a worthwhile upgrade. Having the extra storage also allows for downloading multiple movies for viewing when not in WiFi range.

Oh, to the OP, if someone else posts, they'll probably recommend 16gb, then the next person will recommend 32gb! So it really comes down to what you can afford.

Last edited:

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It's fully 25% of the cost of the unit just for "a sense of comfort." That seems like a waste to me.

The reality is that this person could load say 15, 500MB games; 2000, 500KB photos; and still have space to keep at least 2 movies on the device at a time. ...BTW, Angry Birds takes up all of 24MB.

-Suntan

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Myself, I would go with the 32 GB if I were you....$50 is a cheap price to pay for the extra storage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well in the end I did buy the 32 GB...just to be safe. My problem now is that it won't connect to my home WiFi. Does anyone know the solution to this?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Well in the end I did buy the 32 GB...just to be safe. My problem now is that it won't connect to my home WiFi. Does anyone know the solution to this?

Hi. Check the other thread you started. There are a couple responses, including mine.

And good choice on the 32gb model. Okay Suntan, I won this battle, catch you in the next go around! ;)

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I am connected now. It took turning off the Nexus, unplugging the router and the modem (and removed its backup battery) then turning everything back on in the reverse order. Works fine now. What a relief!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I originally purchased a 16GB model, and later returned it for the 32BG model.
I don't have music and videos on mine, but if I need to put those files on my device, I don't have to worry about space. I also have it synced with my Picasa albums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ucintegra1#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Great choice in getting the 32gb version; I am also looking into getting this as well. I think that double the space for $50 is a steal... It's definitely better than what Apple offers, haha.

I personally load my devices with a lot of HD content, music, lots of games and apps so 16gb is never enough.

VZW GNex - CM10 Jelly Bro b4

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
32Gb. I would not consider anything else. I am thinking of buying Nexus 7. I own Blackberry Playbook 64Gb now and I want to try Nexus 7. I've had Samsung Galaxy Tab before and I did not like it much but Nexus 7 seems to be way better. I wish Google would come out with 64Gb.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon