T-Mobile 4G Micro SIM Card can't be bought online....

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My 3G-capable N7 is arriving this PM and I have been trying to get a T-Mobile 4G SIM card so I can sign up for the $30 / month data plan...

T-mobile store was going to charge me $20 for the SIM card....
I can't buy the SIM card on T-Mobile website without spending more than the $30 unlimited data plan (the cheapest was something like $50.00 / month) .. the $30-plan seems to be going away....
The website was refreshed today and looks very different....

Can anyone here advise how to get a SIM card and how to sign up for the $30 unlimited data plan? After all this was the only reason I bought the N7 with 3G connection....

please advise....

cheers,

Jimmy

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Cheers, got one one the way..... I also managed to get a free one from the local T-Mobile store,,, the clerk thought it was outrageous that a walk-in customer has to pay $20 + activation fees...

He wrote it up and gave it to me...

Am just waiting for the N7 to arrive... where is the UPS man when you want him around?!

cheers,

Jimmy

jpmist

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm shocked at that. I go to the kiosk T-Mobile at the mall and they're really helpful. I showed them my unlocked iPhone and he gave me a sim free and helped set up my pay as you go plan. Another time I'd lost my phone and they gave me another sim card and put my minutes on it.

Try another T-mobile place, or call em. If you set up a new account they should simply give it to you. I can't believe they want to charge you for the sim since they desperately need new customers. . .

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
just an update...

A nice clerk at a T-Mobile gave me a Micro SIM card so I could activate my 3g N7 -

I was able to register using the SIM Card and the N7.... but it would not let me choose a plan because, hmmmm, "My T-Mobile is currently unavailable while we work to improve the site for you. For immediate assistance, please visit your local store.".............

Frustrating it is... and I can see how many users might simply sing up with AT&T using the enclosed SIM card...

cheers,

jc

bananachunks

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's looking like the $30/4G plan is currently not compatible with the N7.

TMobile $30 5GB plan DOES NOT WORK on Nexus 7 GSM! - xda-developers

I'm having the same issue. SIM working fine in my old N1. N7 arrived yesterday. I hit my local TMO for a micro-SIM. They give me the SIM no-charge and get my account switched over. My N7 gets E, then H, but never turns blue. I then get the "you must sign in to your account" alert, which takes me to my my.T-Mobile.com login page, but I'm unable to login - I just keep getting the "sorry the site is unavailable" message...

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think there are two issues with setting up T-Mobile 4G with the N7

1 - the T-Mobile $30 plan won't work with it
2 - my.t-mobile.com website is down..poor timing - it would be up to 96 hours before it can be brought back up, according to T-Mobile when I chatted with one of the representatives online....

That leaves me with a decision to make: is it worth the trouble to set up 3G /4G with either AT&T or TMobile?

If anyone has a work around to get the T-Mobile $30 plan to work, do share....

cheers,

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance