Transfer MP3 using Android File Transfer

crm114

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
hi,

Just got a Nexus 7 and I'm trying to put MP3 and PDF files on there from my MacBook Pro. I've downloaded the Android File Transfer, but whenever I try to create a new folder in the 'Music' directory or copy an mp3 file it says 'Cannot create folder, try reconnecting the devise'. Needless to say I tried that many times, and rebooted the macbook, and reinstalled the FileTransfer etc.

Any suggestions on what to do?!?

Thanks,

Rogier

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Install the app AirDroid on your N7 https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&token=kiihbrWU. This is a free app. (No access to Google Play Store in your country? Then try 1Mobile Market or SlideME Market or the developer's website http://www.airdroid.com/index.html )

AirDroid let's you wirelessly control your N7 or any Android device using the internet browser on your PC or Mac computer (your computer and N7 must be on the same wireless network). It provides a very nice and simple interface on your computer that basically lets you operate your N7 from your computer, including allowing you to wirelessly transfer files between your computer and Nexus 7. The advantage is that the interface for doing this is even easier than using Windows Explorer. The disadvantage is that the transfer is slower than connecting with a USB cable.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Would this also work from transferring music from my galaxy s3 to nexus 7 or is there any way to do that?

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It works fine on my Nexus 7 with 4.1.2 and now 4.2. Try using a different usb cable. As soon as I plug in the cable Android File Transfer auto opens and I can transfer files and create or delete folders.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Would this also work from transferring music from my galaxy s3 to nexus 7 or is there any way to do that?

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Since both have NFC, maybe you can transfer by tapping devices together. Not sure, just a thought, based on watching the S3 commercials. Otherwise, just transfer to a computer or cloud storage then download to the other device.