need texting help....please

bowyorang

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!
Here is the deal. I just received a nexus 7 with mobile connection. Instead of getting a new card for it I chose to take the Sim card out of a phone that I wasn't using anymore and installed it into the nexus7. Reason being I still have almost a year left on the contract for the phone so it was cheaper just to add the data plan to it rather than cancel the phone and get a whole other card.
That being said, my nexus7 now has a card in it with a phone number attached. Is there any way to text from that number with my tablet? I can't seem to find an app for that. Or even an app to Bluetooth my tablet to my other phone.... I found one to do that, but it says the phone has to be an android. My other phone is a windows phone....
Any help is much appreciated!

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone!
Here is the deal. I just received a nexus 7 with mobile connection. Instead of getting a new card for it I chose to take the Sim card out of a phone that I wasn't using anymore and installed it into the nexus7. Reason being I still have almost a year left on the contract for the phone so it was cheaper just to add the data plan to it rather than cancel the phone and get a whole other card.
That being said, my nexus7 now has a card in it with a phone number attached. Is there any way to text from that number with my tablet? I can't seem to find an app for that. Or even an app to Bluetooth my tablet to my other phone.... I found one to do that, but it says the phone has to be an android. My other phone is a windows phone....
Any help is much appreciated!

Just use Google Voice to send text messages from the tablet.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD MAXX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15