"Maximum of 25 devices were registered to this user acct" Amazon Store app message on N7

machine906

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I cannot log into my Amazon App store account on my Nexus 7 after an update to Jelly Bean OS. It gives me the above message. I have verified via the Manage my Devices area on the Amazon website that I only have one device registered so I assuming it is a problem with the Nexus 7.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? It also affects all of the apps that require Amazon to be actively logged in in order to run. That is my main concern.

Thanks for any help.

Scott Browder

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Maximum of 25 devices were registered to this user acct" Amazon Store app message on N7

Yes having exact same issue. Google Nexus 7, Android version 4.2 and updated to latest Amazon Appstore earlier today. When logging in it says "Maximum number of 25 devices registered to user account. Please deregister some devices."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Maximum of 25 devices were registered to this user acct" Amazon Store app message on N7

First, make sure you're updated to the latest Appstore. If you go to the settings on your Appstore and tap on the version number, you should also see the release notes, which should say it is now compatible with Android 4.2. If you don't have the latest, and tapping "Check for Updates" says there are no updates, then uninstall your current Appstore, and download the newest version from Install Amazon? Appstore on your device's browser. Then open that downloaded file to install.

Next, sign in to Amazon.com on your PC. Hover over "Your Account" under your name, select "Your Android Apps and Devices."

On the left side of the screen, select "Your Devices."

You can now deregister all of the duplicate devices in the list. Just keep one copy for each device you have.

Jo Ki

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

*FacePalm* Make sure you don't go to your "Cloud Device Players" because there is a separate list of devices that you logged your account onto. :mad: Spent a few hours figuring this out and it really irritated me. Too bad they couldn't just recognize a phone as one log in and not multiple devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance