will there be another

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
imo, the nexus 7 has hit the tablet device sweet spot.

New processors, new Android version, more RAM, denser screen res, better communication, etc all will be incremental improvements on the basic pocketable/transportable/handholdable size tablet.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
and Apple and Acer and others. Each big name manufacturer will make everything (or at least put their name on one made by another) just like they always have as the granularity of computational devices increases. Look at how many sizes/capabilities laptops come in now for an example.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
With that agreement with apple HTC could seriously pull this off and not get sued :) I would love to see a 7 inch Droid DNA type device with 32 gigs

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
They should add a camera. I know some people may say a tablet doesn't need a camera, but I find it very convenient on my iPad and Tab 10.1.
If someone gives me a check, I'm unable to deposit the check into my bank account using my Nexus 7, because I'm unable to take a photo of the check and upload it to my bank account. I have to use my phone, or one of my other tablets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I expect that once the market for 7" tablets gets going, you will see a whole range of family-related-models ranging from basic to all the extras....
Just like you do now with laptops from somebody like Acer, Dell or HP.

Have you defrosted your turkey yet ?

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Miracast support?

Yea to me, that is a big feature that is missing on the N7. As far as miracast support? That would be awesome, and supposedly supported with the 4.2 upgrade of Jellybean, but there are no compatible devices yet.....very disappointing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The "next" Nexus 7 could have a micro HDMI port and rear camera. That would be the only things that I can think of to keep the price down and add tons of value for this little powerhouse. Being so portable I keep wanting the rear camera more and more.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Yea to me, that is a big feature that is missing on the N7. As far as miracast support? That would be awesome, and supposedly supported with the 4.2 upgrade of Jellybean, but there are no compatible devices yet.....very disappointing!

Yeah, I guess what I meant my post to mean was... With Miracast, would there be a need for the HDMI out?

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Google is famous for their experimentation. They love to try new things, and they aren't bashful about canning them if they don't work out.

I'd like them to experiment with the Nexus 7 line. While I do enjoy my Nexus 7, it doesn't fit me perfectly. I'd like some more options available, instead of the "one size fits all" attitude. Lets see some different options available for the Nexus 7 for those who want to get the exact Nexus that fits them perfectly. The risk for Google and their partners is that they dont sell some models as easily as they do their cookie cutter version.

I'd like to be able to mix and match the options that suite me best, kind of like when you buy a brand new car:
- (Obviously) different storage options, 16, 32, 64, etc. I can understand why they dont want to add micro sd options and I can live with that if they drastically increase onboard storage capacity.
- both forward and back facing cameras
- better video out options (miracast support, hdmi port, etc)
- 2gb ram
- 3g/4g (cellular) options
- usb port with mhl support
- replaceable battery

I come from a pc computer background and a long time ago I used to be really into gaming. My pc was never really finished, I was always upgrading it. That's why I love pc's and miss that aspect in these tablets. With my pc I could go out and buy whatever amount of ram I wanted and have an instant upgrade. I could replace the slow tiny hard drive with a giant fast one. I could install a super crazy video card, etc etc.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess what I meant my post to mean was... With Miracast, would there be a need for the HDMI out?

With Miracast you need a Miracast receiver, whereas almost every TV already has a HDMI port. And I would rather keep the Wi-Fi bandwidth available for Wi-Fi, not clog it up by sending pictures to my TV where a cable would work perfectly well.