Capture calendar info?

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to sort of "capture" the calendar contents?

Before purchase, I was thinking of using the N7 as a PDA, but without wifi handy, the calendar info is out of reach.

I would like a fixed snapshot, so that, say, at a medical appointment, I could just glance at the (recently frozen) current data and see if next appointment is roughly OK.

Ideas on how to accomplish that, or other scheme that may work?

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you are using a Google Calendar account, any event you enter locally on your N7 will auto-sync to your Google Calendar account when you go online. Likewise, any events on your Google Calendar will sync to your N7. It's pretty powerful. You just need to occasionally go online. I recommend that if you have Wifi access at home or work, leverage that time to let your N7 sync. I leave WiFi on at night while it's plugged in and charging.

You can certainly use your N7 offline. In fact, that's the beauty of it--you just need to leverage apps that work well offline. For example FlipBoard, is my favorite news app, but it requires an online connection to see article detail. But while viewing an article, you can tap the "Read later" menu item and have the article piped into your Pocket account. (Don't have a Pocket account? Why not?!?) Then sync your Pocket account and you have access to your articles offline.

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just turned my WiFi off and I still see my calendar events as well as my contacts. I am not sure what you mean.

Well, I had my N7 less than a week, and never roamed around much yet... so, yes, of course, I did check and see my calendar events..!

Still interested in figuring other apps than store data locally vs. needing a call home, so to speak.

\
Other: Thanks for the Pocket tip, very useful.