nova lanucher and icons,help?

paparazzo79

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Recently I installed Nova Launcher but dunno why,I lost all of my Icons on desktop.It created google play icon and my camera icon was now in taskbar.How do I get them back in nova launcher.There is an option on the second screen to the left to tap to get icons back,but there I don't see folders that I created on desktop,just some of the applicaitons installed.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Nova is an alternate launcher, so anything you had on the stock launcher isn't going to be there unless you add it to Nova.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher has an import function that allows you to import the home screen settings of the stock launcher. This works rather well, except that for widgets it only inserts a placeholder on the home screen. You have to replace the placeholder with the widget that used to be there.

Go to Nova settings > Backup and import > Import.

Once you have Nova Launcher set up just as you like, make sure to do a backup from within the same menu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I started putting some of my apps into folders in the app drawer in Nova Launcher. Thought I could just move the folders to the display but that didn't work. Couldn't even see the folders and the included apps until I managed to get the drop down menu in the upper left corner of the drawer view. Then had to open the folder by tapping and do the press on each app to get the icons on the chosen screen.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher has an import function that allows you to import the home screen settings of the stock launcher. This works rather well, except that for widgets it only inserts a placeholder on the home screen. You have to replace the placeholder with the widget that used to be there.

Go to Nova settings > Backup and import > Import.

Once you have Nova Launcher set up just as you like, make sure to do a backup from within the same menu.

Exactly what I was going to say :)

Sent from my Nexus 7