My story from Thailand

shontrashi

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was an avid user of Ipad 2 for more than one year. After a while, I discovered my ipad became a household item than a portable item. I use inexpensive phone and so my initial thought was to carry a smart device everywhere I go. Smart phones are too expensive compare to tablet, that's why investing on Tablet is smart decision.

But slowly I reliazed , the size of Ipad2 was too large to carry everywhere. Ipad mini was not in the market few months ago so I decided to go for Nexus 7. It has a great size which I like. My job requires to send lot of emails, lot of spreadsheet work. OTG cable helped me to carry my files on the go and I can immediately email to customer if I have to.

Let me give you a bit inside about Thai tablet market. Here Apple and Samsung are the market leader. Google nexus are not officially sold here. Therefore, I had to get my nexus 7 16gb from the grey market, which means I get no warranty. I can?t return if it was faulty. And it cost me 340$. Almost the cost of Ipad mini which is sold here officially at around 370$ same spec .

Instead of waiting for ipad mini, I decided to go for Nexus for my love of Android and it?s ability to modify . I was very happy with Ipad2 but I needed something more. I sold my ipad2 with a great price. (this is the thing I love about apple product, they have great resale value). I got my nexus, life was really good until 4.2 came out.

I?m a friendly guy, therefore I opened my door for 4.2 thinking it will bring me really good things. But soon it became a nightmare.
Even with the new updates, gyroscope has not been fixed; still it remains on the right, sound like it is hardware issue. Battery life seems to get worse. Millions of nexus has been sold according to many sources, yet developers seem not too much interested in creating tablet friendly apps. I know it will get better in time but I just feel the pace is too slow.
Gyroscope and battery life must be fixed asap.

I?m sure majority of you, this is not your first tablet. You may have switched from other devices.
What?s your story?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc