Come on, Techies, Help Solve This One!

mmartin622

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I work at Lowes. We have Store Wifi. When you try to go to the internet a Redirect Page pops up for you to Agree to Terms and Conditions, when you agree, you get connected to the Wifi. I have a Nexus 7 and a Toshiba Thrive. My Nexus 7 had been working just fine for many months until about 4-6 weeks ago. I am having trouble getting the Redirect Page so I can get on the Wifi at work.
Clues: I sit out in the parking lot where the signal is weak but available. It might take a while but the redirect page used to come up. Perhaps trying from a weak signal for so long has done something?
I talked to Nexus 7 support and the tech was stumped. He suggested I reboot to factory settings which I did with him on the phone. I could not connect to the Store's Wifi so nothing happened. I got home, connected right up to my home's Wifi and reset all my passwords, etc. from losing them in the reboot. Apps reloaded as they are in my Account.
Got back to store and COULD NOT CONNECT TO STORE'S WIFI. AGAIN.
I brought my Toshiba Thrive into the store to see if I had trouble connecting with that. NO PROBLEM! Got redirect page right away. So....I accepted Terms and Conditons and connected.
Guess what happended?
My Nexus 7 SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO IT ON THE TABLE popped up the Redirect Page right after my Toshiba Thrive connected!! This happened TWO TIMES.

Are there some magical waves doing some work here? (as you can tell I am not a tech :) ) What would enable my Nexus 7 to connect through my Toshiba Thrive? And how can I fix this problem? I don't want to carry around TWO TABLETS!

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I work at Lowes. We have Store Wifi. When you try to go to the internet a Redirect Page pops up for you to Agree to Terms and Conditions, when you agree, you get connected to the Wifi. I have a Nexus 7 and a Toshiba Thrive. My Nexus 7 had been working just fine for many months until about 4-6 weeks ago. I am having trouble getting the Redirect Page so I can get on the Wifi at work.
Clues: I sit out in the parking lot where the signal is weak but available. It might take a while but the redirect page used to come up. Perhaps trying from a weak signal for so long has done something?
I talked to Nexus 7 support and the tech was stumped. He suggested I reboot to factory settings which I did with him on the phone. I could not connect to the Store's Wifi so nothing happened. I got home, connected right up to my home's Wifi and reset all my passwords, etc. from losing them in the reboot. Apps reloaded as they are in my Account.
Got back to store and COULD NOT CONNECT TO STORE'S WIFI. AGAIN.
I brought my Toshiba Thrive into the store to see if I had trouble connecting with that. NO PROBLEM! Got redirect page right away. So....I accepted Terms and Conditons and connected.
Guess what happended?
My Nexus 7 SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO IT ON THE TABLE popped up the Redirect Page right after my Toshiba Thrive connected!! This happened TWO TIMES.

Are there some magical waves doing some work here? (as you can tell I am not a tech :) ) What would enable my Nexus 7 to connect through my Toshiba Thrive? And how can I fix this problem? I don't want to carry around TWO TABLETS!

1st of all, you N7 is not connecting THROUGH your Toshiba. 2nd of all, I think we need a little more information about the stores wfi setup. Type of router, security etc. That will give us more to go on.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have your redirect issue but I had a favorite bar that my N7 automatically connected all the time. Came in one day and it didn't connect and just though the bar's Wi-Fi had issues. The next day I went back to the bar but the N7 still didn't connect. So I checked my phone and it was connected to the bar's Wi-Fi and everyone else had no issue with their phones.

Someone here had this same issue in the past that worked for me. Go to the Wi-Fi section and hit FORGET on that site. Then rebooted and then go back to the N7's Wi-Fi do a new scan to picked up the bar's Wi-Fi and it connected. No issues since then.