Putting videos onto the nexus 7

matahari2

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Help...I have tried 5 converters from video to Nexus 7 (MP4) but my Nexus 7 will not accept any of them with the message " file type is not supported on this device etc...." I am obviously doing something wrong but bot being computer savvy I dont know where to go from here. Any help would be much appreciated.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Help...I have tried 5 converters from video to Nexus 7 (MP4) but my Nexus 7 will not accept any of them with the message " file type is not supported on this device etc...." I am obviously doing something wrong but bot being computer savvy I dont know where to go from here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Do you mean you can't even transfer them? Do you have mtp enabled on your n7?

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the VLC video player and when I transfer a video from my pc via usb I get a warning that it might not play. I copy it over and any mp4 converted video file plays fine. I use Handbrake with the special dll file that also decrypts. It supports Android very well. I think you need the 32-bit version. I installed the latest 64-bit version and it didn't work, so I uninstalled and put back the 32-bit which works.

WatteNe

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
As stated, the drag and drop method worked great for me.

I use "All Free DVD MP-4 Converter". It works great, is absolutely free and has converted a couple of dozen newer movie DVD's for me. It will convert to other formats besides MP-4 and in different resolutions and sizes.

Feature-rich DVD Converter Program to Rip DVD of Any Kind - All Free DVD to MP4 Converter

MX player that came already installed on my N7 works just fine with the one's I've converted.

I believe that this FREE prog puts some spyware on your PC called Relevant Knowledge - If you need to remove it then go to Control Panel > Prog and Features and use the uninstall feature. Then do Ctrl Alt Del and select Task Manager and remove the rest of the program by End Process on the relevant entries there - Restart PC and and all should be OK

Amanda Vincent

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem as matahari2. Windows 7 won't let me paste the videos I've downloaded on to the the Nexus 7(2013).

I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but I can't figure it out and I'm trying to get videos loaded for my kiddo. I have MTP enabled, I've downloaded both MX Player and Dice Player but it's not letting me copy and paste my mp4 file onto the Nexus. Any help would be appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the Nexus 7 show up in Windows Explorer at all? Does it seem like you're copying a video over, but nothing shows up when you look for it on the tablet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34