Nexus 7: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

varunrajR

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

my tablet wont turn on..iam using YES tab.When i switch it stucks in android logo....when i tried to reach recovery mode it shows exclamatory symbol inside the android log.What is the problem behind this.Let me know please.And also i need your help to recover it. please help me.

Attachments

• normal satrtup-error.jpg
    normal satrtup-error.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 13
  • recovermode-err.jpg
    recovermode-err.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 14

lessardsean

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

This also happened to me. Either hold the power button for 5 seconds to force shutdown, or hold it for 10 seconds to force reboot.

heatherharris1996

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

i have got a Samsung galaxy ace tablet and I have charged it over night but I just tried turning it on without the charger connected to it and it will not turn on even when I hold it down for a fue minutes and its done this before but not like this

please help xx
heather x :cool:
:( :'(

item it the
Samsung galaxy tablet 27.0

Last edited:

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

my tablet won't turn on after i off it yesterday.please help me 2 turn on it

Try the following:

Connect the charger to your Nexus 7, then plug the charger in to an outlet.
Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
Press Volume down until you find Power off, then press Power to select that option.
When your tablet is off, disconnect the charger, then reconnect it.
You should see a battery on your screen that indicates your tablet is charging. If your tablet still doesn't charge, try the steps below:

Make sure your charger and device are fully connected

Plug your Nexus 7 into its original ASUS power adapter using the charger's original USB cable, ensuring that the power cord is securely connected to the tablet and the power adapter. Also, make sure you're using a functioning power outlet.
Wait for one minute, checking to see if a charging icon appears on the screen.
Press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to see if the device powers on.

If the screen doesn't turn on or a battery icon does not appear, continue with the following steps:

Plug your Nexus 7 into its original ASUS power adapter using the charger's original USB cable for an hour, ensuring that the power cord is securely connected to the tablet and the power adapter. Also, make sure you're using a functioning power outlet.
After an hour, disconnect the charging cable from your device.
Within 10 seconds of disconnecting the cable, quickly connect the cable again.
Press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds to see if the device powers on.

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

please help me! whenever im using my tablet it would lagg in a while and shuts down, i would cool it down for and hour or so. than when i onn it back it works perfectly fine ,but would happen again . the next day comes and was working perfectly fine in the morning and shutts down. And this time it whenever i try to turn it on there is only blank.. please help me ..*pouts* this kind of tablet is hug.

Hannah, have you tried doing a reset on your unit already? If not try that first and see what happens.

Cedric Gregory

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

so one day i put my tablet on my charger and when i went to go pick it up it would not turn on i charged it but it will not turn on it turns on for a sec then turns off some body plese help :(

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

My sons tablet froze yesterday. Tried holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Decided to check battery as device was warm. It really hot expanded and caught fire. I need to take pictures and post. This device is only 8 months old. Never dropped never near water. Not overcharged.

Called Google and then Asus. Sending tablet in for hopeful replacement.

Posted via Android Central App

Asus_Fred

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Ive been getting on this website and trying to find a solution months ago when my tablet wouldnt come on. I tried the "hold the buttton for 10 seconds" and it worked the first time. But now it did it again and when I tried it it wouldnt come on. Three months ago, the 2nd time my tablet wouldnt come on, I did the 10 seconds thing and it worked for 2 seconds and went back off. It was fully charged. Now its been some months now since it wouldnt come on and I tried to reboot it and it wont come! I didnt break it, I LEFT IT ALONE FOR ABOUT 1/2 AN HOUR and when I came back it wouldnt turn on

Please try the following: (if after this it doesn't work please send me an email at cl-fred@asus.com so we can discuss further and see what we can do)

Connect the charger to your Nexus 7, then plug the charger in to an outlet.
Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
Press Volume down until you find Power off, then press Power to select that option.
When your tablet is off, disconnect the charger, then reconnect it.
You should see a battery on your screen that indicates your tablet is charging. If your tablet still doesn't charge, try the steps below:

Make sure your charger and device are fully connected

Plug your Nexus 7 into its original ASUS power adapter using the charger's original USB cable, ensuring that the power cord is securely connected to the tablet and the power adapter. Also, make sure you're using a functioning power outlet.
Wait for one minute, checking to see if a charging icon appears on the screen.
If the screen doesn't turn on or a battery icon does not appear, continue with the following steps:

Plug your Nexus 7 into its original ASUS power adapter using the charger's original USB cable for an hour, ensuring that the power cord is securely connected to the tablet and the power adapter. Also, make sure you're using a functioning power outlet.
After an hour, disconnect the charging cable from your device.
Within 10 seconds of disconnecting the cable, quickly connect the cable again.
If your Nexus 7 does not begin to charge or power on after following the steps listed above, try charging your device overnight, then repeating the last three steps listed above

Hanniel Whyte

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

My tablet is not working.... it was dead so it started to shut down, but before it had shut off it was "scratching". i left, came back a few hours later and the tablet would not turn on. i waited awhile after pressing the power bottom repeatedly... now i looked up what to do and i saw your post to press the power button for 10 seconds, but my tablet still wont come back on... i barely had it for a whole year..... i need some help!

Erica Sallstrom

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Mine does the same thing I think, it turns on but the screen is like all crazy looking and when I try reboot it says error but it turns on the normal way but its like green, like everything is green and pink and wavy looking.. strange.. I haven't damaged it in any way, its an Asus transformer pad, the keyboard also doesn't work, it'll plug in and itll show on my tablet that it is connected but it won't type anything. So annoyed..

lilcutiedest

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

I have an hisense tabelt and its a small crack atthe bottom of it, and now it won't turn on!!! I need help... Please... Or let me know if you want to buy it so i can use the money to buy another one.

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Update:

I sent the tablet to ASUS in Grapevine Texas. Shipped Insured 2 day air. USPS has verified it was delivered. Asus, still does not show a status. I have called once a day the last 4 days and each day they say they will have a supervisor call me back with an update.

I am in Houston, and ASUS is near Dallas. I "was" in the market for a 2nd and 3rd Nexus tablet but not anymore. Very poor customer support and information.

Updated: After holding 58 minutes, the supervisor could only tell me the same information the last representative said. NOTHING. Not showing received on their end (good thing it is insured) and no status either.

I would not be surpised if the tablet arrives back at my house BEFORE they update their systems.

Last edited:

achu aswanth

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

i'm also facing the same problem. while i was charging with a different charger it was heaten up and afterwards not turning on . if some one faced the same problem piz help me. i'm totally confused it's been two days

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Well,

At least the status was updated on 9/9/2013 to received........I called on 9/11/13 and they did not have an update and was told that it is being worked on and that it was "just" received 9/9/13...despite verifying it was received 8/26/2013.

I have talked to others and it appears that the best way to buy this tablet is directly via the Play Store. Why? I know at least 2 people who experienced similar issues with their Nexus Tablets, they called, they sent them in and Google sent them replacement tablets within 3 business days.

When/If I buy another Nexus tablet (Asus or otherwise), it will be directly from the Play Store!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt