Nexus 7: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got the shock of my life! Went to turn the tablet on and guess what? I wont come on! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: HELP!!!!

Hold the power button for 10 seconds next time to reboot it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tablet won't turn on - HELP!

I Hate To Tell You... That More Than Likely Is Overheating.. That's Why It Worked After Allowing It To Cool Down..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If it isn't overheating, then it might be some rogue app that is freezing things up while the tablet is asleep.

Coldar

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I have the same issue sort of. (I'd mentioned this within another thread earlier). But mine takes the 10+ second hold only during or after a charge. Turns on normally otherwise.

kaiya pompey

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

pls help i tried holdin the button but it still wont work never mind i just need to press the button for 10 seconds and charge it

coooookies

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

my tablet randomly turned off. and wont turn back on........ i charged it, and pressed the power button for 10 seconds, and it still wont turn on, its been about 2 days :( i really need my tablet, please help me! :'(

Norman Dorff

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

The tablet is turning on after a lot of effort. I have held in the power on button. The tablet will not come on. I then hold the power button in and also the volume button. Some time this seems to work. The tablet come on.

Since this tablet was a Christmas gift, I want to make sure that it is fitted while it is under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

jason1210

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

I tried holding power for 10 sec, then 30 sec, then pressed down and power for 30 sec and nothing. It's not dead completely though. The screen powers on (lights up slightly) but doesn't boot. I haven't rooted it nor hardly used it. It's 1 month old and already issues doesn't leave me impressed.

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

hi , my boyfriend tabelt was working to day but i was going shop before i left to go shops cause i was downloading a film to watch i tryed seeing it is was downloading but it won,t come on so i am really worried and because it anit my so PLEASE HELP ME

- - - Updated - - -

i did try that but it didn,t work :(

MyTabletwontwork

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Can someone help me please? my Natpc tablet isnt turning on... i was charging it it wasnt fully charged though.. it went off.. i went to grab a drink then my mum tried a new charger for it... I dont remember which one.. suddenly she got an electric shock once she removed it.. then she felt the back of the tablet it was very hot.. it took 1 hour to cool down... its been 3 days since its stopped working could you please HELP ME? i need some help please....

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Can someone help me please? my Natpc tablet isnt turning on... i was charging it it wasnt fully charged though.. it went off.. i went to grab a drink then my mum tried a new charger for it... I dont remember which one.. suddenly she got an electric shock once she removed it.. then she felt the back of the tablet it was very hot.. it took 1 hour to cool down... its been 3 days since its stopped working could you please HELP ME? i need some help please....

Sounds like your mom killed it by using a different charger. You should either get it checked by a technician or buy a new one.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site

I find the tablet quite shocking at times how it never wants to come on mine always does it sometimes needs two or three power ons of 30 seconds or more

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums