Nexus 7 Not Connecting to WiFi after 4.2 update, PLEASE HELP!!!

Matthew Dallas

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing no actual solution has come out yet for this issue? I mean, other than try this or that, no one has a solution? Too bad Google hasn't helped in this matter.

Nexus 7|Android Forums

spot on champ, my n7 was soo sweet couldnt understand why people fork out for apple. Even bought a n4 out of love. Now after a n4 charger that hums and is falling apart a n7 that wont connect to wi fi and a f*cken outrageous bill from me blissfully unaware of two unconnected devices (im not much of a techy) using my mobile data. Google have cluster f*cked me.

Im going to switch to apple all my flatties have it and it just works. Ok there maps dont and they pay more but it works and i guess now ill have to re buy apps. guts

edit: apple dont have widgets. cant live with out widgets

Last edited:

Ted10

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have managed to fix my wi-fi problem by pressing the button on the front of my router(Belkin n ) and at the same time pressing the two arrows that make a circle on my Nexus at the same time and it fires up every time.I honestly hope that this works for everybody

Ted10

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Julie,I hope i have the answer for you as i had the same problem.What to do is press the button on your router and at the same time press the two arrows that make a circle on your Nexus and it will fire up every time.I honestly hope this fixes it for you.All the best from bonnie Scotland

Ted10

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Shilohcane,it is WPA issue but to cure it just press the two arrows that form a circle(as in your picture) at the same time press the button on your router and it will fire up...ted10

Mihai Kato

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fixed : so try to do a print screen( push the main and the side button at the same time) while he is connecting or connected :D:D

Zedward33

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
After checking the timezone on my device, rebooting, switching off NFC, wishing I'd bought an iPad, powering down my router, thinking how my evening wouldn't have been wasted if I'd bought an iPad instead...I finally decided to call Google. Apparently this is 'the first' the woman at Google had heard about it, so I let her know the number of people suffering because they can't afford anyone like Steve Jobs. I'll share their response when it comes.

My device connected fine to a friend's Sky wifi, but it has a connection problem with my brand new BT Wifi. Just sits there like the stupid kid at school while my Macbook Pro, iPod, iPhone, girlfriend's iPad and even my archaic Blackberry get on with their work on the internet. Gold star to everyone except Google/Asus.

Am dying to get this resolved as I don't want to just have Apple products in my house...but they just work. Simple.

Keep your eyes peeled for an untouched Nexus 7 on eBay...buy it please cos I'm rapidly becoming an Apple fanboy (cue: Star Wars music).

jkhoyt10

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Sitting basically on top of my modem. I've shut down both and rebooted. I've tried to forget, and the reconnect this. I just bought this for my son tonight and already pissed off at this performance. I'm already frustrated and I'm bringing this piece of crap back tomorrow.

Paul Stevens

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything on this thread, and nothing worked. I was completely baffled as my macbook pro and my ipad were connecting fine to my wifi, but the nexus not. BUT I have just fixed it! Wasn't anything wrong with the nexus OR the wifi - it was something else interfering with the wifi channel. For me it was a TV transmitter that I bought to beam cricket out to my back garden. It didn't use wifi - BUT it did transmit at 2.4ghz. I then found out that most routers nowadays operate on two levels 5ghz and 2.4ghz and your device will connect on either..

Laptops and the iPad usually transmit WIFI at 5ghz which is why they were fine with my TV transmitter on - but the nexus connects at 2.4ghz so the TV transmitter I bought was blocking the wifi. I turned the TV transmitter off, and instantly, my nexus worked perfectly!

So, the simple fix might be to turn any gadgety stuff you have like that off until it works again. Then you will know what is causing it!

I then found out that you can do some clever stuff with WIFI channels to make both work together, but that is getting techy - your easiest bet is to just turn off the offending item when you're not using it..

Not sure if it's your solution, but I hope that helps someone at least....

jon2d4

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same problem as many of you on here. My Nexus 7 (2013) was working fine then for no reason and nothing new added it dropped my WiFi. It showed it was available but would not connect.
I did the hard reset, no help. Cleaned the catch, no help. I couldn't get any further than the wifi on start up. so I hit the the dots and selected the only option available which was the one that had the direct WiFi arrow up arrow down icon, even though my router doesn't have that option. I hit reset on the router while it was searching on my Nexus and just when it was almost through with the search boom it picked up the WiFi. I hope this helps somebody else, that's why I posted.

Also now my Nexus is downloading automatically, mind you, all the apps I had on it before:)
Even my music and vids.

I will update if I run into any other issues, right now I got my friend back.

Last edited:

Clare Krojzl

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I had problems connecting with any wifi, private or public hotspot, when on holiday in Spain. It just won`t connect. I work and live at a school where colleagues use iPads, but the Nexus just won`t connect to that wifi system either. REALLY annoying!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan