Volume booster ?

Driedwhatever

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a free volume booster that actually works ? when listening with headphones I could do with a bit more volume sometimes, tried the EQ which was absolutely useless (also useless as an EQ!)

I could also do without that silly reminder about high volume being bad for your hearing..like i'm bloody stupid or something.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a free volume booster that actually works ? when listening with headphones I could do with a bit more volume sometimes, tried the EQ which was absolutely useless (also useless as an EQ!)

I could also do without that silly reminder about high volume being bad for your hearing..like i'm bloody stupid or something.

try the app called speakerboost

seattlezoid

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Before 4.2 the app Music Volume EQ was working fine boosting volume by almost 8 db... but since 4.2 all the volume booster apps fail. I just ordered a headphone app on Amazon (Filo 5) because the volume on Netflix is so low now. Hopefully the app will get updated.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I too find that Speakerboost or Volume+ do not work with Jelly Bean. Although it is not ideal, using a external mini-speaker does help a lot. Of course in situations where use of a external speaker is not practical this doesn't help much. Don't know if there are any earphones out there that will boost the volume...anyone?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I too find that Speakerboost or Volume+ do not work with Jelly Bean. Although it is not ideal, using a external mini-speaker does help a lot. Of course in situations where use of a external speaker is not practical this doesn't help much. Don't know if there are any earphones out there that will boost the volume...anyone?
I am on 4.2 using latest volume +. Headphone simple boost set at 17. Works fine on movies and music with my klipsch phones.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Some music player apps have a preamp booster. This would only cover your music needs, not video, but it's a start.

JetAudio Plus is the player that I use most often. Besides the 20 band EQ (10 bands in the free version) and 5 effects settings (x-bass, width, room type, AGC, and pitch), it has a -10db to +10db preamp that works well, though I don't use that feature much as I find the default volume good enough.

PowerAmp Music Player also has a preamp, but they don't offer a free version of their app, just a 15 day trial. I'm sure other players have preamp, so just look for one you like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams