Display issue with Nexus 7 (16GB) tablet

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello Nexus 7 users,
I am a new Nexus 7 user (16GB purchased at Walmart, Santa Clara, CA, USA) - got my nexus 7 about a month back (September 17th, 2012). The display stopped turning on just a week after purchase. Whenever I turn the device on, I see a bunch of bars running on the screen. I tried factory reset & draining the battery but no avail. I captured a video of the screen and posted it on you-tube. The video is here

Nexus 7 display problem - YouTube

I have moved out of the country and can't go back to US to get a replacement piece. Has anybody else seen the same issue with their Nexus 7 tablet.

I loved my Nexus but what I now have is a brick because it won't turn on...Can someone suggest a fix ASAP please?

Thanks
Kumar

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Ouch! Doesn't look promising, as my uninformed opinion is this looks to be hardware, not software, related. It's too late to return to the retailer now, even if you were still in the USA. Contact Asus support to arrange for warranty repair service. You'll of course want to send it to a location closest to where you now live. All this is assuming that no one else here says I'm full of non-brain matter between my ears and tells you how to fix it yourself. Good luck!

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless you work for Asus' Nexus 7 Repair Shop, you won't be able to fix this yourself. Send it to Asus and be prepared to pay a high price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Unless you work for Asus' Nexus 7 Repair Shop, you won't be able to fix this yourself. Send it to Asus and be prepared to pay a high price.
Assuming the OP didn't damage it himself, and that it's just a defective unit, the repair would be covered under the Asus warranty. The warranty is good for one year, though the warranty terms probably depend on the country of purchase. Therefore, it would likely be a free repair.

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried holding down the power button for about 45 seconds?

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried holding down the power button for about 45 seconds?

Working with the software will not fix this problem. The internal hardware must be damaged. Therefore, you must open the tablet and inspect every connection that is required for the back-lit LCD screen to work.