Screen brightness changes (auto brightness is off)

aarora610

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I'll be using my N7 and the screen brightness will change quickly and then change back. I've checked to make sure auto brightness is off.

Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I'll be using my N7 and the screen brightness will change quickly and then change back. I've checked to make sure auto brightness is off.

Anyone else have this problem? Solution?

Same here. I'm pretty sure this started to happen with 4.2 update.
Don't know the solution but if maxing out the Brightness is it, I'm not satisfied. Hopefully it was fixed in 4.2.1

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a 4.2 software issue. Just swipe down on the top right and it opens the setting screen then turn off Auto and use manual brightness. I'm starting to like it better being brighter than under 4.1.2 since the colors jump out better for pictures and then turn it back down for text.

aarora610

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
This is a 4.2 software issue. Just swipe down on the top right and it opens the setting screen then turn off Auto and use manual brightness. I'm starting to like it better being brighter than under 4.1.2 since the colors jump out better for pictures and then turn it back down for text.

Like I said, I didn't have auto brightness on.

Velvet Smooth

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yep noticed the issue after installing 4.2. You aren't alone. Read a few posts suggesting it was related to WiFi. Turned off the WiFi optimization setting to see if it helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums