Folder Organizer, or Nova Launcher.. or both?

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Three-weeks into N7 onwership here, and trying to gain control on my screens.

I did read about Nova Launcher, and Folder Organizer, but not sure if they there is functionality overlap with both installed, OR if they just complement each other?

A corollary question is, what happens with power consumption with these running, or with widgets?

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I see no need for Folder Organizer in Jelly Bean... especially if you use a custom launcher.

for what it is worth, I have Nova Launcher on my n7 and Folder Launcher on my Gingerbread phone

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Try the free versions of both to get a feel for their usefulness. They provide different functionality, with Nova customizing the entire launcher experience (and a bit of folder enhancement), while it seems that Folder Organizer just deals with, uh, folders, and lots of customization therein. According to the video, the scrolling feature of Folder Organizer requires that you have an alternate launcher installed, though it didn't specify if Nova was one of them.

Personally, I only have Nova Launcher Prime, and it's made my Android experience much more enjoyable and efficient. After watching the Folder Organizer video, I don't think I'd have a use for it, as the folders and app drawers provided with Nova are simple to deal with and give me all the organizational ability I need. Folder Organizer just seems like a bit of overkill, but perhaps you'll find it useful, so try it out - it's the only way you'll know.

I don't think these apps have any adverse affect on battery life.