how to block or skip ads in YouTube videos ?

balus3u

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
it's there a way to skip or remove ads in YouTube videos in android ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

iHelpYouShy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
No, cuz' that's what bring in the money for YouTube. Some ads you can skip, some you have to watch. I think there is a way where you can quickly skip the video right when it loads to skip the ads, but I'm not sure.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
If it's a video you want to watch multiple times, then download it to your N7. Otherwise, don't worry about it and just be happy you get to watch these videos for free. Without the advertising you wouldn't be watching anything, or you'd have to pay to watch.

Zapflashgone

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it works on YouTube, but here is a new AdBlock Plus app for Android that apparently will get rid of ads in a lot of programs and browsers

balus3u

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it works on YouTube, but here is a new AdBlock Plus app for Android that apparently will get rid of ads in a lot of programs and browsers

I'm using adaway and that don't block ads on YouTube. in pc there is add-on for chrome or Firefox which tackles the case with ease. does the adblock plus works on YouTube ?

I understand ads are the revenue for those videos and I'm concerned with ads mostly when I'm in a limited data connection or when I'm using tethering from my mobile and use the 3G.

for a side note, only a small portion of the whole population are like us, who try to find ways to improve the experience and majority are unaware of such possibilities. when I took around , there are lots of them . my own sis who uses an iphone , keeps using it with all those annoying things in ios , things like you have to enter the password every time you open the ios store and keyboard and no toggles on notification , the list goes on but tweaks from cydia is the thing that resolves all those but she was unaware of that and don't want to do that even after me informing her.
so we can be either ignorant and accept the world or utilise the knowledge and have a better experience for our self.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using adaway and that don't block ads on YouTube. in pc there is add-on for chrome or Firefox which tackles the case with ease. does the adblock plus works on YouTube ?

I understand ads are the revenue for those videos and I'm concerned with ads mostly when I'm in a limited data connection or when I'm using tethering from my mobile and use the 3G.

just an fyi, google has a partial solution to the problem you mentioned.

go to settings-->data Usage-->Menu-->mobile Hotspot-->[Check the tethered wifi phone as hotspot]

now nexus 7 identifies that this connection is a mobile data and would restrict the use of data on unwanted occasions. it will save you some data.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup and works like a charm. But your phone needs to be rooted in case you were not aware

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Or, in this case (Nexus 7), your tablet needs to be rooted. Totally worth it, IMHO. If you are rooting and getting Xposed, check out Gravity Box. What a set of tweaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34