GrooveIP

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been using GrooveIP to make calls and my wife called her mother in the Philippines a few times. It works well but her mother hears an echo when she talks. We had her on the speakers with the Nexus sitting on the table. Is the feedback coming from the speakers, back into the microphone? Is there a setting to eliminate this? My wife used some old Blackberry earphones with a built-in microphone and that seemed to eliminate the echo but she wasn't thrilled with being wired to the Nexus. If we can't get this working better I guess I am back to going to the store to buy phone cards.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This is from the GrooveIP FAQs on their website, http://snrblabs.com/snrb/Apps/GrooveIP/FAQ.aspx:

The person I'm talking to hears echo or hears themselves speak:
* Try enabling the Echo Canceler from the Audio/Echo settings
* Ensure Echo Post Processing is enabled and the echo tail setting is set to auto detect (unless you know the proper tail size)
* The Synchronize Voice checkbox under Troubleshooting can improve the Echo Canceler performance
* Try lowering both the Speaker Volume and Mic Gain settings

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This is from the GrooveIP FAQs on their website, Frequently Asked Questions | Groove IP Unlimited calls for free to any phone in the US or Canada | SNRB Labs:

The person I'm talking to hears echo or hears themselves speak:
* Try enabling the Echo Canceler from the Audio/Echo settings
* Ensure Echo Post Processing is enabled and the echo tail setting is set to auto detect (unless you know the proper tail size)
* The Synchronize Voice checkbox under Troubleshooting can improve the Echo Canceler performance
* Try lowering both the Speaker Volume and Mic Gain settings

Thanks for the quick reply.
Another dumb question, are these GrooveIP settings or are these in the Nexus settings somewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22