How to Install Widgets

NexBitz

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Obvious Newbie. Have downloaded several Widgets to evaluate. Instructions for Widgets indicate chose empty space and tap and hold. This gets "Choose wall paper from" dialog. Appreciate some direction.

Yde

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Sv: How to Install Widgets

Go into to your app tray-middle button at the bottom (not home button - just above) . Chose the widget leaf up top. Add widgets by press and hold. You swipe to turn pages of different widgets

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(1024093)

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sv: How to Install Widgets

@NexBitz -

The instructions mean you should press and hold on the widget (or app) you want to install, which will be on one of the tabs in the application tray. When you do that, the view will change to one where you can drag the image of the widget around on your desktops until you 'let go' over an empty space on the desktop.

NexBitz

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Got it, thanks. My mistake was to place widget icon on home screen dragging from the application tray but not noticing the Widgets menu choice at the top.
See no option to mark query as solved on this forum, will search a bit once I post.

NexBitz

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Install Widgets [Solved]

Thanks, good suggestion. Various forums have various methods and I have always felt it useful when scanning threads.