Not again!! Another slowdown despite the latest OS

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Some folks claim the recent updates fixed the slowdowns on the N7. I had hoped they would, but yesterday as I approached 2GB left, the N7 became so slow it was nearly unusuable, just like pre update. I went ahead and cleared the cache and ran Forever Gone. That did the trick, but like I said this issue was supposedly fixed by the last update. On my unit, it hasn't been fixed. What a PITA.

Jonadam23

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ever since the move away from 4.1 my nexus has been almost unbearably laggy. When I first bought the nexus 7 I had a lot of hope for android and it delivered. 4.2 has been a terrible experience and caused me to chose the windows phone 8X over the droid DNA. I hope Google fixes all the issues they introduced with 4.2 and return it to the stability of 4.1.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you remove all the junk you don't need such as movies and music.

That is not the point. That's like saying that if you have 100 contacts stored on your phone, your phone becomes near unusable until you delete 15 or more of them and never go over that amount. You dont need that "junk", right?

There is an apparent bug in the operating system that cripples performance when there is 15% or less remaining storage space. It is easy to replicate, I've had the issue on my N7 and I have to make sure I don't use 2gig of storage that I paid for until the issue is fixed. Unacceptable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk